Just got off the Constellation 040205

Grumpy8

How was Grenada? What did you do there? Is is too late to go to beach in Casa De Campo? What to do in the evening? Also what did they do for the first night for dinner. Was there a ticket given to you as you boarded saying what time you should go to dinner? Did they collect those tickets and check the time? Was it a buffet or sit down dinner? Sorry for all the questions but I cannot seem to get the same answer everytime I ask. Thank you for your help. I sail April 9th! Cruiserone

Did you notice and irons or candles on board?

Sorry did not see any of these things

They had hair dryer, Qtips, cotton balls, hand cream, shampoo, refrig and pressing service. I had a inside cabin, why pay more.:cool:

How was Grenada? What did you do there? Is is too late to go to beach in Casa De Campo? What to do in the evening? Also what did they do for the first night for dinner. Was there a ticket given to you as you boarded saying what time you should go to dinner? Did they collect those tickets and check the time? Was it a buffet or sit down dinner? Sorry for all the questions but I cannot seem to get the same answer everytime I ask. Thank you for your help. I sail April 9th! Cruiserone

Grenada:

Did the all day with lunch. It was nice but long. The water was to rough to snorkel.

Evening:

Plenty to do. Don't miss the shows they were Awesome.

First night:

Dinner was opening seating in the main dining room.

Ticket:

You got a ticket when you boarded. I had early seating 6:00. So I went at 6:00 for my sit down dinner. Now I'm not sure if there was a late seating tickets. But there might of. I got on board early like 12:30. So maybe when they ran out of early tickets they gave out late seating.

Remember to bring your ticket they ask for it.

Grenada was not very good. The beaches were fairly clean but the vendors were non-stop (about one a minute!). You were even worked over by the water taxi drivers trying to get you to go to more distant beaches for more money! Since the hurricanes the spices are generally old or not local and many of the structures are still seriously damaged.

There is really no beach at Casa de Campo that I am aware of. As I previously posted, there is the Marina area and Altos de Chavon (the purported artist colony). The Marina area looks like an Italian marina with nobody home and nothing to do or buy. (We did have a nice 20 minutes sitting in Cafe Bellini on large, comfortable, white sofas drinking excellent pina coladas, rum punches, etc. Altos de Chavon is built to look like an old Spanish village, but there really is no art or anything else of interest, though it is pretty. Be cautioned, it is not a 5 minute shuttle, but a 20 minute bus ride. I did not see any place of real interest for dinner - though the Marina did look like a nice (and expensive) dinner could be had there. We opted to eat on the ship.

The first night is open seating in the main restaurant. There are two seatings, but you can really just take your pick. No one checked and it was not crowded as many people fly in late. That said, our sailing was sold out, so it might be different on your cruise with only one seating. You do get a normal menu.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Thanks for your offer to answer all questions! Can you tell me which nights are formal and which are informal. I want to make advance reservations for the Specialty restaurant and we'd really like to go on a formal or informal rather than casual night.

The second night (Casa de Campo) and the second to last night (St. Thomas) were formal nights. That is also generally how it runs on most Celebrity 7 day cruises.

:confused:

icon13.gifThanks for taking over my post !!!

Well, so much for being a community. I won't "interfere" with your answers or read your thread. Silly me, I thought it was about sharing information.

The chair by the pool is yours. Oh well.

i was on the constellation in march 05 and have been on her 3 other times.

embarkation day was open seating...you "supoosedly" need a ticket however if you embark early and want late dinner Just ask. They had no problem giving the late seating ticket...otherwise just show up at either dinner They will not refuse you to sit in the dining room.

Sunday:caso d' campo: semiformal night

monday:day at sea: Formal night

tuesday: barbados: casual night

Wednesday:grenada: semi formal night

thursday: antiqua: Formal night

friday: st thomas: casual

Generally speaking: normally on X formal nights are 2nd night and 5th night on a 7-day cruise...however because of the late departure from caso'd crappo, they have formal night on the monday day at sea.

iamboatman: It is all about sharing but its also nice to share the correct information without getting an attitude!

qmadam: wednesday is generally the most popular night for oceanliners.it is semi formal night and i suggest you book that in advance thru captains club reservations.

*sweet*

Any question bring them on.:D

Hi,

Did you happen to notice if the TV's had RCA jacks in the front for hooking up things like digital cameras and such (like to view my pictures on the TV if it has connections).

Randy

oops i made a mistake its usually 2nd night and 6th night but on connie its 3rd night and 6th night

sorry for the misunderstanding

scuba: there were no tv jacks in the front of my inside or balcony cabin.i couldnt hook up my portable DVD player

*sweet*

The second night (Casa de Campo) and the second to last night (St. Thomas) were formal nights. That is also generally how it runs on most Celebrity 7 day cruises.
Having formal night on an available at-sea day is almost always to be expected (and appreciated).

oops i made a mistake its usually 2nd night and 6th night but on connie its 3rd night and 6th night

sorry for the misunderstanding

scuba: there were no tv jacks in the front of my inside or balcony cabin.i couldnt hook up my portable DVD player

*sweet*

Did any of you have VCR's below your TV? If so, you could have plugged into the RCA jacks on that and tuned the TV to the VCR's channel. Has worked for us several times for viewing pictures directly from the digital camera (has RCA output).

I'm not certain I understand. On the first night, you don't have an assigned table or dining time?? When do you receive your dining information for the remainder of the cruise? On all the cruises we've been on except for our first Celebrity cruise, we've received our table assignment upon boarding. On Infinity, we didn't receive our table assignment until an hour before dinner, but at least we knew before dinner began.

I would have thought the first formal night would have been after the sea day, but it wasn't. As Casa de Campo wasn't much of a port, it really didn't make anyone to my knowledge rush too much.

On the first night, they give you a card for open seating for main or late seating because so many people arrive late in the day/evening for the cruise. You will get this when you board.

You will have your table assignment card in your cabin for your 2-7 night dining. You can go to the lounge (I forget if it is Deck 4 or 5) and check out your table assigment and request any changes right after boarding.

Thanks for the explanation. We always arrive a day early and board by 1 p.m., so it didn't occur to me that people could arrive on the sail date since the ship doesn't sail until 11 p.m. Do they seat people as they do at breakfast and lunch, i.e., wait for a table to fill up and then begin ordering? Are the speciality restaurant and the casual dining in the buffet open for dinner the first evening?

I don't understand why Celebrity doesn't put your dining information on your room card as Princess and Royal Caribbean do. Seems it would cut down on extra paperwork and avoid calls from those whose assignments are not in their cabin on arrival (ours didn't arrive until 5 p.m. for 6 p.m. seating).

Karen

Ollie-we always have a card in our room with our table assignment and seating time! Look on the desk area!

The first night, since it is open seating, you do not sit at your regular table. We just asked our waiter where our table was for the next night so we know what door to use.

Thanks again, iamboatman. Hope you don't get in trouble again!

cruisebunny32, believe me, we looked everywhere and after calling, we discovered that the assignments were being delivered later in the day. Maybe we'll have better luck on our November cruise.

Karen

Did any of you have VCR's below your TV? If so, you could have plugged into the RCA jacks on that and tuned the TV to the VCR's channel. Has worked for us several times for viewing pictures directly from the digital camera (has RCA output).

Hi, yeah, can I rephrase my question? I'm got a CC room. Did it come with a VCR, or other type device below the TV?

thanks for the responses,

randy

Archived