Galveston to George Bush Airport

maninmontreal

I'll be on the Mariner next Nov. with a scheduled arrival at Galveston at 6am. I would like to catch a direct flight to Montreal at 11:20am. Is this doable or should I plan on flying out the day after? Thanks for your help.

It may be possible, but I'd feel a bit uncomfortable about it being a bit too close. We were among the first off and at our house around 10am...which is about the same distance as IAH from Galveston... had there been any fog that would blow it though.

We have used Royal Limousine from Houston, arranging our own transfer and they were on time and got us there quickly. However there is always the unknown such as fog, wind delays etc... and customs. This was for a flight to Toronto.

Good luck,

Andrew

We sailed from Galveston on Voyager this past January and decided to stay an extra night near Bush to catch an early morning flight back home. We saved $100 each by flying back on a Monday, instead of the Sunday so it more than paid for our hotel! :)

FYI: It is 70 miles from Houston's Intercontinental Airport to Galveston. The airport has several terminals mostly for Continental/United so it can take time to check in for a flight and get to the gate. The route to the airport from Galveston goes through the center of Houston. The metro area has a population of 6 million.

Plan ahead!

Archived