just got off the vista if anyone has questions.

splintz

just off the vista i will try to answer any questions. i stayed in a Havana interior room number 5214. ate at the steakhouse, ji ji asian kitchen, bonsai sushi, and cucina italian. also did the thrill theater which was great. we did the 6 day Jamaica, grand Cayman, Cozumel itinerary.

Edited by splintz

just off the vista i will try to answer any questions. i stayed in a Havana interior room number 5214. ate at the steakhouse, ji ji asian kitchen, bonsai sushi, and cucina italian. we did the 6 day Jamaica, grand Cayman, Cozumel itinerary.

Thank you, I leave in about a month.

How was the steakhouse? Good service? What did you and others in your group have to eat?

How was service in the dining room? Did you have assigned or anytime dining?

Did you go to any comedy shows? How were they?

Did you go to the piano bar? who was the entertainer and did you like?

Lastly, what time did disembarkation start?

Thanks!

How was the steakhouse? Good service? What did you and others in your group have to eat?

Thanks!

the steakhouse was incredible with great service. on the vista i would make reservations before hand as it can get hard to get a reservation once on board. i had the escargot which was incredible as an appetizer. i had the warm spinach salad which i love. for the main dish i had the spiced rib eye with the baked potato and for desert i had the chocolate sampler. my wife had the grilled portobello mushroom appetizer, with the same salad. she had the filet mignon. and for desert she had the cheese sampler. we go to the steakhouse every cruise and always seem to get the same thing because it is so good.

we had anytime dining but only ate at the dining room on the first elegant night for the lobster tail. the service was actually very good that one night and food was good. i had 3 lobster tails. my wife had the indian vegetarian dinner. both were very good. we skipped the dessert. we had to wait about 30 minutes to be seated at a table for 2 so we sat at the bar inside the restaurant to be seated. this bar feature was nice.

didn't make it to any shows on the ship we like to go to the bars. but we heard the comedy show was good.

we love the piano bar and went the first night and the player Natalie from Australia was very good. the first night the singers 3 of them from the band velvet vibes(which were very good) came in after their band set and they along with Natalie took turns singing and playing on the piano. it was like an impromptu all star show and was incredible. but the next night Natalie got sick and lost her voice and the bar was closed until the last night when she came back to play. she was still sick but didn't want to let everyone down. she said carnival was bringing aboard another piano player the day we got off so she can take a week or two off to fully get her voice back.

we had a late flight and have platinum status so we didn't really pay attention to what the times were on the sheet they gave out. i know i got up at 7am and could hear the cruise director start disembarkation on the over head. we left the room at 8 am and ate breakfast in the dining room then walked off around 9:30.

Thanks!

Dorrie. Come join our roll call. Quite a few are sailing with you

Splintz. Any idea what night to skip the main dining room?

Did you eat any place special at lunch. Jiji. Or pug and anchor

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

We are booked on the Horizon in a Havana interior. Originally had 5211 (opposite side of 5214) and read you could hear the band from the Havana Bar, so I switched to 5205, which is the first cabin, sideways by the elevator. I read there was no noise from band or elevator. Did you hear the band in 5214 and did see what the interior looks like in the sideways cabin. Also is anything served at the bar and could you get coffee there?

Thank you.

What did you have planned for ocho rios, Cozumel and Grand Cayman? Any excursions?

I was thinking about just seeing what is close to the port.

Happen to have any fun times?

ocho rios we did the bob marley experience which was okay i thought it could be better.

grand cayman we rented a beach cabana at the royal palms beach club. the beach was good. i think the service should have been better. it advertised a dedicated server for the cabana areas and this was not the case. the server was also taking orders from everyone on the beach and renting lounge chairs and umbrellas. the food was good though.

cozumel we just walked around and bought some tequila. we also walked around the outside area and bought some souvenirs.

We are leaving out on the Vista February 5th & I was wondering how the weather is this time of year? I've always cruised in the Summer or Fall.

Thanks!

the weather was great. in grand cayman the taxi driver said it was the cool season where it is in the 80's. she said if you come in the summer months it gets over 100.

a vista secret pizza plus from 1130 till 1 you can get different items each night they have menu posted one night we were able to get lasagna another night meatball parm sub. fluffy is the comedy manager she will be on till end of feb. andy plays guitar in redfrog and is very good I think he said he will be on till march happy sailing. fyi we had a great cruise but I think carnival missed the mark on this ship

Is the sky ride open when you board?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

when we got on board we ate on the lido deck and were surprised how easy it was to get a table. we then went straight to the havana pool area to swim. so i didn't notice if the ride was open. we did the ride while we were in cozumel and there was no line. the ride is pretty cool.

What was your favorite and least favorite things about the ship?

favorite part was the havana pool area. spent all day there.

least favorite part was the rudeness of the red frog staff. it is my favorite bar on the ship and the staff all 3 bartenders were in the game room playing foos ball all night. they were yelling and screaming and slamming the table on the ground. at one point a customer playing on the other foos ball table hit his ball by accident towards them and they picked up and rudely threw back at them. they never offered anyone a drink and just played on the game. it felt like i was watching 12 yr olds playing the way the were carrying on and yelling it was ridiculous. you could see the disgust on the other staff members faces as they walked through. at one point the bartender walked back and i thought he was going to say something to them but he got on the table and did the same thing. the 2 nights i went in there it was the same thing. we did not go back.

We are booked on the Horizon in a Havana interior. Originally had 5211 (opposite side of 5214) and read you could hear the band from the Havana Bar, so I switched to 5205, which is the first cabin, sideways by the elevator. I read there was no noise from band or elevator. Did you hear the band in 5214 and did see what the interior looks like in the sideways cabin. Also is anything served at the bar and could you get coffee there?

we didn't really hear the band in our room. if i was in the bathroom i could hear them a little bit, but not really in the rest of the room. i did walk by the sideways room when they were cleaning it and it did look weird. the bed seemed like it was right there when you walked in. then the room continued to the right but i couldn't see much of that.

Dorrie. Come join our roll call. Quite a few are sailing with you

Splintz. Any idea what night to skip the main dining room?

Did you eat any place special at lunch. Jiji. Or pug and anchor

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

i went to the dining room on the lobster night and then went to the specialty restaurants. we did go to the Italian restaurant for lunch and it was very good. i didn't get to the barbeque place but it looked really good. everyone i talked to said it was excellent. it is open on the first day and on sea days. it is on deck 5 right outside across from the coffee bar. it states it opens at noon but it always opened early at 11:30. the lines would form but move fast.

Did you use the self laundry and if so, do you need quarters or do you swipe your card ? Looking forward to the Vista ,sailing on February 25.

We used the self laundry - swiped our cards. $3 per wash, $3 per dryer. Detergent was also available for $1.50.

we didn't really hear the band in our room. if i was in the bathroom i could hear them a little bit, but not really in the rest of the room. i did walk by the sideways room when they were cleaning it and it did look weird. the bed seemed like it was right there when you walked in. then the room continued to the right but i couldn't see much of that.

Thank you. Any coffee served at Havana Bar or any muchies?

Thank you. Any coffee served at Havana Bar or any muchies?

I read there was in the morning but I never went in the morning. I just went to the coffee bar that was right around the corner. Also the taste bar that is right around the dance floor next to coffee shop had a full breakfast in the morning on port days. Made it convenient in the morning when getting off the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The pictures that I saw are on shipcabins.com. I can post more if you want once we get back from our cruise because my friend has that cabin.

Edited by firemanbobswife