Viking Ocean Cruise Bergen to Stockholm on Ship Viking Sea Penthouse Junior Suites

bbmom30

Hi bbmom30, we had cabin 7000 on a recent Viking Oceans cruise, same room category. We had no noise from the Explorer lounge but there was nightly noise, I think when the lounge closed and they cleaned things up, always sounded like carts rolling and it was a bit annoying tho not a deal breaker for us. I'm a light sleeper so that could have made a difference.

These cabins are great, loved the separate sitting area, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Happy sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No experience, but I can give you my impressions. What takes place in the Explorer's Lounge is quiet conversation or musical entertainment by the guitarist, pianist, or trio. The music is on the 7th floor of the Explorer's Lounge, as is the food service and the bar. These should be absolutely no problem at all, although just to be extra careful, I probably would avoid the 7th floor junior suites that share a wall with the Lounge. If there is any noise at all, it will be guests walking in the hall to and from the lounge. We only heard hall noise on our floor if the next door neighbor came to their room late and were not considerate closing their door. We go to sleep early and were never bothered by hallway conversations. The 7th floor pathway to the Explorer's lounge is used much more than the 8th floor.

We are getting ready to book a cruise and have been inquiring from Viking about the noise level when rooms are near the Explorer lounge. Anyone have any knowledge or experience?

I would change the cabin if possible. Why bother if you have a question like this?

I can't say anything about Viking Sun but on Star you will hear slumming doors and neighbors tv if they like it loud.

To tell the truth, none of these bothered us. We just noticed and that was it ;)

No experience, but I can give you my impressions. What takes place in the Explorer's Lounge is quiet conversation or musical entertainment by the guitarist, pianist, or trio. The music is on the 7th floor of the Explorer's Lounge, as is the food service and the bar. These should be absolutely no problem at all, although just to be extra careful, I probably would avoid the 7th floor junior suites that share a wall with the Lounge. If there is any noise at all, it will be guests walking in the hall to and from the lounge. We only heard hall noise on our floor if the next door neighbor came to their room late and were not considerate closing their door. We go to sleep early and were never bothered by hallway conversations. The 7th floor pathway to the Explorer's lounge is used much more than the 8th floor.

We've been in 8013 on the Star and 7014 on the Sea and will be in 7008 on the WC and we love any cabin in the 7000 level - no traffic and no noise and you are on pool and the World Cafe !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums