Heated pool on Eclipse?

DENNSDMNCE

Yes and no. The Solarium and two jaccuzis there are heated. The four jaccuzzis on the pool deck and the two pools are heated or not dependant upon where the ship is and the outside temperature. If the outside temp is high don't be surprised if the pools outside are not heated but if the temp is cooler they will probably be heated to around 28 degrees Centigrade

Have also seen where I guess they don't turn the heat on in the Solarium pool. My last cruise on the Equinox, the pool was room temp which meant it was the same temp as its air conditioned surroundings. This was for the entire 10 day cruise.

Have also seen where I guess they don't turn the heat on in the Solarium pool. My last cruise on the Equinox, the pool was room temp which meant it was the same temp as its air conditioned surroundings. This was for the entire 10 day cruise.

Hi Don. Just to add to this thread, it's certainly not heated like the Solarium pool on the M-Class.

That's what we experienced in December on the Eclipse. Even though we were in the Southern Caribbean, the water in both pools was too chilly to use for us, and the pools were very lightly used by anybody. All the hot tubs were wonderful, but crowded (perhaps because the pools weren't used.)

Truthfully I don't believe either of those pools were heated at all. It was one of our two, single complaints about that cruise and shop.

We will be cruising around the British Isles in a July and I expect the weather will be a bit cooler than the Caribbean. I do hope that they heat the outside pools for my kids’ sakes. Is the Solarium strictly adults only?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be cruising around the British Isles in a July and I expect the weather will be a bit cooler than the Caribbean. I do hope that they heat the outside pools for my kids’ sakes. Is the Solarium strictly adults only?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Solarium is adults only but they may open it for a couple of hours for families.

Our experience with the Solarium pool is that it is heated, but never enough. Definitely not like the nice pools on M class. Not sure about the outside pool as we don't use it, but based on what I have observed I am not sure it is heated at all. When sailing in cooler places (like Alaska, even in the southern parts), there are few if any people in the pool which leads me to believe it is not heated.

It has also been our experience that on cruises to cold areas like Alaska, the Solarium pool is open for kids during a few hours in the daytime