Eclipse 7 June 2018

Niagara11

My wife and I are sailing on Eclipse Cruise British Isles and French Open. We will be spending overnight in Le Hauve France. I would like to take D Day battle field tour to both Juneau and Sword Beaches. I know the ship offers tours to Omah Beach and environs. I am sure this tour would be very interesting but my interests are in .Juneau and Sword.

Can any one tell me if Celebrity Eclipse offers a tour such as this. Other tours would be acceptable if they pickup dock side and return to ship.

Any suggestions?

I don't know if the Celebrity tour visits either of those beaches....but there are many highly reputable tour guides who will either offer you a tailored tour or offer a better tour at lower cost than Celebrity. Check TripAdvisor.com and Viator.com as a starting point and just google "tour beaches from Le Havre"

Also post in the roll call for your cruise.....

We had a great experience with Overlord Tours. ;) While our tour was traditional, you could email them and see if they can do a custom tour for you. Better if you can share the tour with members of your Roll Call. www.overlordtour.com

Here is your Roll Call: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2437813

For your other day in Le Harve, may I suggest going to The Abbey of Mont St-Michel. We took a tour with our Roll Call through Viator. Fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I are looking for four people to share a private tour van that will pick us up at the port and take us to Normandy Beaches on Saturday June 9th. The tour will go to Omaha and Utah sectors and American cemetery. My brother used this tour company two years ago and raved about it. We also have the name of the guide he used and he was outstanding. Please contact us if interested in sharing this van.

Thanks

Robert Todd RTODD92651@AOL.COM

My wife and I are looking for four people to share a private tour van that will pick us up at the port and take us to Normandy Beaches on Saturday June 9th. The tour will go to Omaha and Utah sectors and American cemetery. My brother used this tour company two years ago and raved about it. We also have the name of the guide he used and he was outstanding. Please contact us if interested in sharing this van.

Thanks

Robert Todd RTODD92651@AOL.COM

Have you posted to your roll call? That is where your fellow cruisers are.

I don't know if the Celebrity tour visits either of those beaches....but there are many highly reputable tour guides who will either offer you a tailored tour or offer a better tour at lower cost than Celebrity. Check TripAdvisor.com and Viator.com as a starting point and just google "tour beaches from Le Havre"

Also post in the roll call for your cruise.....

My husband and I are interested in the beaches tour for June 09.

We would like to join a group.

Thank you

rhodes

• 1 month later...

My wife and I are interested in several Celebrity tours. WE have used private taxi's in the past with great success but for Paris we have some concerns due to distance. We are also undecided about a simple walking tour w/o meals or do we want to add the boat tour?