Status of Havana post-hurricane

SPFfifty

Good morning, I am scheduled to go to Cuba in December and wanted to know if anyone knows how Havana fared during the storm? I hope the citizens there are safe but I have not seen much coverage on flooding, damage, etc.

Can we bring any humanitarian aid items with us to Cuba?

Does anyone have an indication if Havana will still be a port of call? This is not my first cruise in general so I know ports can change but for this specific cruise we paid a significant amount above a 4 day Bahamas cruise to experience Cuba and would be disappointed with a change in itinerary.

Hoping all those in Irmas destructive path find comfort and are able to rebuild their lives soon. Thank you.

Thank you for the suggestion. I really don't know much about Cuban infrastructure or resources. I hope they have a quick path to recovery. I would still love to see the culture and meet the people, if possible.

I also reocnigze my travel plans are small compared to the difficulty so many face, but I would like to know if my plans will be impacted and what, if any, are my options at this point. I'll watch these boards and NCL. I know we may not know for days or weeks but it was suggested I join these forums for info.

I'm set to sail next Monday. Emailed tour company, they say we are still set for tour on Tuesday. Told us to bring plenty of water.

I would like to know if we can bring in necessities - don't know what we're allowed to bring in through customs. Anyone know for sure?

You can bring pretty much anything to Cuba. Toys, School supplies, sporting goods (deflated soccer ball + plus an inflation needle), baseballs, shampoo, conditioner, Kids tooth brushes (fun stuff like Superman or Dora), Tooth paste, mouthwash, floss, Deodorant, antiperspirants., Hair scrunchies — a lot of them. ..., Feminine hygiene products. kids Vitamins. Tylenol adult and children's, aspirin ..

Just GOOGLE "What to bring to Cuba for the locals?"

bosco

You can bring pretty much anything to Cuba. Toys, School supplies, sporting goods (deflated soccer ball + plus an inflation needle), baseballs, shampoo, conditioner, Kids tooth brushes (fun stuff like Superman or Dora), Tooth paste, mouthwash, floss, Deodorant, antiperspirants., Hair scrunchies — a lot of them. ..., Feminine hygiene products. kids Vitamins. Tylenol adult and children's, aspirin ..

Just GOOGLE "What to bring to Cuba for the locals?"

bosco

Thanks! Pretty much what I've started to collect so far.

No word yet from RCL on the 9/18 Empress sailing from Tampa to Havana. I would still be happy with 5 sea days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

9/18 would be very soon. I would not be surprised if you are diverted but I do hope you get to visit Cuba.

I understand the situation is beyond any of our control, life safety is paramount, but I did book specifically for Cuba and would not be happy with a different itinerary; I did wait for sailing until after storm season ended partly for that reason. I am sure the coming days and weeks will give us more information.

9/18 would be very soon. I would not be surprised if you are diverted but I do hope you get to visit Cuba.

I understand the situation is beyond any of our control, life safety is paramount, but I did book specifically for Cuba and would not be happy with a different itinerary; I did wait for sailing until after storm season ended partly for that reason. I am sure the coming days and weeks will give us more information.

We are booked 9/23 on Empress for Havana. While I agree that is far beyond RCL's control, we paid nearly twice as much for a cabin for this itinerary vs what it was for an itinerary to Cozumel or the Bahamas on a newer ship. If the itinerary is changed, I certainly hope RCL will offer some kind of compensation.

We are booked 9/23 on Empress for Havana. While I agree that is far beyond RCL's control, we paid nearly twice as much for a cabin for this itinerary vs what it was for an itinerary to Cozumel or the Bahamas on a newer ship. If the itinerary is changed, I certainly hope RCL will offer some kind of compensation.

Yes, I feel similarly regarding NCL.