Blu Extra Gratuity Question

Luvcrusn

This will be our first time in Aqua Class, we usually travel Concierge. We always pick traditional dining in the MDR, and so have the same wait staff each night and always give them an additional gratuity beyond the standard. What do most people in Blu do since they may not have the same wait staff each night? Sorry in advance for starting yet another thread on tipping. We tend to be generous but wanted a general idea.

The staff in Blu pool the tips; we give the MaitreD or hostess a envelope on the last night with any extra gratuties. We have been told by Blu MaitreD's that the sommeliers are not included in the Blu tip pool, we tip our sommelier separately.

If anyone has been truly outstanding we mention how they have gone above & beyond in our post cruise survey.

The staff in Blu pool the tips; we give the MaitreD or hostess a envelope on the last night with any extra gratuties. We have been told by Blu MaitreD's that the sommeliers are not included in the Blu tip pool, we tip our sommelier separately.

If anyone has been truly outstanding we mention how they have gone above & beyond in our post cruise survey.[/quote

That's about what I was planning. Thanks for the quick reply.

Luvcrusn: It is my understanding that additional wait staff tips in both Luminae and Blu are handled in the same manner. The wait staff will select one of their own to be the person who will count and divide the additional tips. So you can hand your additional tip envelope to any one of the wait staff -- not just the maitre 'd or hostess.

It is also my understanding that the sommelier is not part of the wait staff pool.

And in both Luminae and Blu we generally ask to be seated in the same area each night so that we have the same wait staff.

This will be our first time in Aqua Class, we usually travel Concierge. We always pick traditional dining in the MDR, and so have the same wait staff each night and always give them an additional gratuity beyond the standard. What do most people in Blu do since they may not have the same wait staff each night? Sorry in advance for starting yet another thread on tipping. We tend to be generous but wanted a general idea.

Just as Select Dining in the MDR, you may request the same waiter in Blu. If you are used to the early seating in Traditional MDR, then just get to Blu right before they open and you will be able to get a window table with your desired waiter.

I do not know whether or not the wait staff pool the tips that are given to them individually. All I know is that we had the same waiter for 4 weeks on a B2B and directly gave him, his assistant and our sommelier additional gratuities.