Reef Resort All Inclusive

LaShelle2

I'm just back from Progreso, and I loved the Reef Resort! The beach, grounds, and pool were beautifully maintained and clean. We were waited on hand and foot by servers that had a constant flow of drinks from the open bar. Our cups never went dry. Lunch was just ok, but a decent meal. It included ribs, hot dogs, burger sliders, fajitas, taquitos, empenadas, and nachos. There was also a toppings bar. The only negative I can think of was the bus ride. The tour guide talked constantly round trip. The ride was pretty long, so we only had about 2 hours to shop at the port. There are no taxis at the resort. It's in a very remote area. I would imagine getting private transportation here would be extremely expensive. There were no annoying sales vendors, and no other resorts nearby. It was very secure. I will be glad to answer any questions.

Make sure you book the "all inclusive beach break" with Carnival. It's 79. There is another beach break that takes you to Technotel. We used the price match gurantee on Carnival website and only paid 45. IMO, it's worth the 79 just for the drinks and transportation.

Also wanted to mention that our bus was the only people at the entire resort. It was not crowded.

They also have towels for you and free wifi.

Thanks LaShelle2, we are going to be there in the Thanksgiving week. Do you know if the pool is heated ?

Also how is the quality of the ocean water there? I heard the water in Progreso is murky/cloudy

Thanks

I'm not sure if the pool is heated. You can email the resort and ask.

The water was a beautiful pale aqua but not clear enough for snorkeling.

They keep the beach clean.

• 2 weeks later...
There were only 2 toddler aged children there.

Oh.. is it just few toddlers that you saw or kids not allowed at all? I have 1 yr and 6 yrs and looking into reviews I was really looking forward for this... but 1 question though why not kid friendly coz it's a beach?

Oh.. is it just few toddlers that you saw or kids not allowed at all? I have 1 yr and 6 yrs and looking into reviews I was really looking forward for this... but 1 question though why not kid friendly coz it's a beach?

Kids are allowed. There just weren't many there. I'm not sure why. I wouldn't recommend it for children.

• 2 weeks later...
We're wanting to do Reef Club and from what I'm reading you have to book through Carnival. How do you get them to honor price matching as the day pass is available directly through Reef Club for $36 USD after peso conversion

I’m curious about the price matching too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Kids are allowed. There just weren't many there. I'm not sure why. I wouldn't recommend it for children.

Would you mind explaining why you don’t recommend for children? They would be bored?? Rowdy atmosphere?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Can you provide any info on how the price match guarantee worked? Did you have to first book through carnival then show them the pricing from some other website? I see reference to the rates under packages on Reef's website. Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks!

Make sure you book the "all inclusive beach break" with Carnival. It's 79. There is another beach break that takes you to Technotel. We used the price match gurantee on Carnival website and only paid 45. IMO, it's worth the 79 just for the drinks and transportation.

Also wanted to mention that our bus was the only people at the entire resort. It was not crowded.

They also have towels for you and free wifi.

Did you ever figure out how to do the price matching? I'm looking at booking as well but would rather book through carnival.

We're wanting to do Reef Club and from what I'm reading you have to book through Carnival. How do you get them to honor price matching as the day pass is available directly through Reef Club for $36 USD after peso conversion