No response from Maya Chan

jscott792

Has anyone had an issue with Maya Chan not getting back to them? I inquired about getting a reservation for our cruise stop in Costa Maya.

They first let me know that all they had left was the Taco Palapa, which is behind some others and doesn’t have the best view, but that there were no others available. I let them know that which Palapa it was didn’t matter, we were just happy to get a spot. They made it clear that if I didn’t pay the deposit in 24 hours, the reservation would no longer be valid, so I was sure to pay it as soon as I got off work that day and I immediately sent a follow up email to confirm that it was received because I didn’t want to lose the reservation. I didn’t get a reply, so I again emailed the following evening but I still haven’t received a reply. This was three days ago. The deposit money has yet to be taken out of my account and I am worried that I have somehow lost my reservation.

I can tell, based on reviews, that the folks at Maya Chan are excellent communicators and that makes me even more concerned. All 4 of us were really looking forward to this stop and relaxing in a non-commercial atmosphere (we live in Myrtle Beach, so we get enough of the neon lights). Does anyone have any experience with this situation or is there another way to get in touch with them? It is possible that I am jumping the gun and it’s also possible that their internet is out or something like that. The website says that the phone service is terrible and that emailing is the best way to get in touch. TIA for any information you may have...

I hope this is just a misunderstanding of some sort. They seem like such fun people!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

I booked Maya Chan and had no trouble receiving emails from the owners. Was this the email you used?

reservations@mayachanbeach.com

There is also another email on their Facebook page:

contact@mayachanbeach.com

I usually got a response the same day. It might be they are just busy. How soon is your cruise? I hope you can get in touch with them!

Hi there and thank you for replying, and especially for giving me the two email addresses. I’m sure I used the one from the website but it’s good to have another just in case.

My cruise is at the beginning of April, but my impression is that I got the last available reservation for the day. I would hate to lose it! Mark just emailed me though and I’m sure we will get to the bottom of this. Like I said before, I can tell from reviews that these folks are good communicators and easy to work with. I love that they are so straight forward with what to expect! I was just a little worried that I had lost my reservation. I know they must be very busy...

After speaking with Mark, it turns out that he wasn’t getting my emails. How I wish I could delete this post now as I would not want anyone to take it as a negative towards Maya Chan. The invoice has been paid and communication has been reestablished.

I was needlessly worrying....

I had a similar issue this week too, except I wasn't getting Mark's emails. Likely a bad internet week?? And like yourself, I was in a panic over losing out on a reservation! But it all worked out, and we are all set. We are so excited about visiting here for the first time. Can't wait!

After speaking with Mark, it turns out that he wasn’t getting my emails. How I wish I could delete this post now as I would not want anyone to take it as a negative towards Maya Chan. The invoice has been paid and communication has been reestablished.

I was needlessly worrying....

Maybe the moderators can delete it. If not hopefully people will continue reading the thread and see that it was a happy ending and also realize that sometimes it is a matter of email problems and not Maya Chan