Celebrity Transfer from EZE to port

Quince

Since I still can't log on to the Celebrity Excursions page (bah!), I'm asking for help here.

Does Celebrity offer any transfers to the ship in Buenos Aires? This would be for the first morning of the two day stay in BA.

Why title your post as "EZE to port" if you are spending a couple of nights in BA prior to embarking? Take a cab from your hotel to the pier. It probably won't cost more than 50 pesos or about $5 at the blue/black market exchange rate. ( A prepaid cab from EZE to the port will run about 200 - 250 pesos).

Edited by pmacher61

Why title your post as "EZE to port" if you are spending a couple of nights in BA prior to embarking? Take a cab from your hotel to the pier. It probably won't cost more than 50 pesos or about $5 at the blue/black market exchange rate. ( A prepaid cab from EZE to the port will run about 200 - 250 pesos).

What does $5 at the blue/black market exchange rate mean??

Celebrity has never offered transfers on the excursion tab. They are on the transport tab, but the tab for our SA cruise in March has always shown "no transfers available" either at the beginning or the end of the cruise. I called and purchased transfers. The phone reps are available 24 hours a day, and I've found there is no wait-time after 10 PM.

Good luck,

Since I still can't log on to the Celebrity Excursions page (bah!), I'm asking for help here.

Does Celebrity offer any transfers to the ship in Buenos Aires? This would be for the first morning of the two day stay in BA.

Sorry, I didn't read that you will be in a BA hotel. I was told by a Celebrity rep that they only sold transfers from airport to port for those arriving the day the cruise begins. In other ports, we have been able to take a hotel shuttle back to the airport and pick up a Celebrity transfer, but not Buenos Aires.

I am able to access Celebrity excursions with IE9, but not with Safari or Chrome at this time.

Again, good luck,

Edited by Glendakayself

Thanks to those who helped. Our issue was an early arrival at the airport, and then what to do with the luggage till it could be checked in on-board. (Celebrity says noon check-in, so that would have been a 3 hour wait.) We booked the Celebrity transfer for $28 each. That way, when we get to the port, we can just leave by taxi and tour the city, and hope that our luggage gets boarded before we do!

How can someone arriving at EZE take advantage of the blue exchange rate? I would like to get close to 10 pesos per dollar if I can do that in the airport legally.

The black (aka blue) rate is not the legal rate so you can't ever get it legally. You would have to go into town or ask your cab driver whether he would accept dollars and at what rate.

OP.

A cab from EZE to the pier is about 250 pesos or about $25. It would not be a good idea to pay $28 pp esp since the Celebrity transfer probably entails trying to hire an other taxi at the pier - where the mafia taxis rip off the passengers seeking to exit the port area. You should arrange your own transportation when you arrive at EZE specifying the need to drop off the luggage and then continue on to various spots.

Here is the email of a reliable experienced cab driver (Rafael) who will accommodate your needs for the correct tariff. His honesty will make up for his lack of English language skills.

lazaroor10@yahoo.com.ar

Edited by pmacher61

The black (aka blue) rate is not the legal rate so you can't ever get it legally. You would have to go into town or ask your cab driver whether he would accept dollars and at what rate.

Well, I was hoping there was some way since it is obviously quite open and the paper advertises rates. Still, the cost of a cab into town and from the hotel to the pier is not too bad so I guess I'll just take the straight-forward route.