What is the latest boarding time?

Ironmen

What is the latest time you can board the Carnival Fantasy? Looks like we may be pushed for time. Just don't want to miss the boat.

They suggest 90 minutes, but I've done it only 45 minutes prior to departure at Port Canaveral (got delayed returning a rental in Coral Beach by sitting at a bar waiting for a taxi). They (Carnival) didn't seem to mind at all and was happy to see me. I think from the time I arrived until I was aboard was 4 minutes. Easy-Peasy.

Believe me, if you show up 30 minutes before the ship leaves, they'll let you on. They may grumble and you may need to carry your bags , but no way would they say "Sorry sir/madam, but you can't board", when the ship is right there.

Edited by LostPuppy
typo

They suggest 90 minutes, but I've done it only 45 minutes prior to departure at Port Canaveral (got delayed returning a cab in Coral Beach by sitting at a bar waiting for a taxi). They (Carnival) didn't seem to mind at all and was happy to see me. I think from the time I arrived until I was aboard was 4 minutes. Easy-Peasy.

Believe me, if you show up 30 minutes before the ship leaves, they'll let you on. They may grumble and you may need to carry your bags , but no way would they say "Sorry sir/madam, but you can't board", when the ship is right there.

Returned a cab and waited for a taxi?

They suggest 90 minutes, but I've done it only 45 minutes prior to departure at Port Canaveral (got delayed returning a rental in Coral Beach by sitting at a bar waiting for a taxi). They (Carnival) didn't seem to mind at all and was happy to see me. I think from the time I arrived until I was aboard was 4 minutes. Easy-Peasy.

It all really depends on when they submit the passenger list to CBP. That is supposed to be 60 minutes prior to departure, I believe, but each line may have a different working relationship with CBP in each port. Once they have finalized the passenger list (which is the same list used to clear you back into the US on a closed loop cruise using ID less than a passport), they WILL turn you away, even with the ship sitting right there, as they would then be liable for a fine from CBP.