Travel Time Auckland Cruise Terminal to Auckland Airport

I thought I would post this so that the experts can help me with this.

We have been to Auckland several times so I am familiar with the port area and the area nearby but have never flown to/from the airport. We've only transited via cruise ship.

I am wondering if one leaves the ship sometime between 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM about how long it would take to get to the airport?

Thank you all.

Keith

Saturday or Monday at 8.30am - in theory as quick as 30 minutes but I’d allow at least an hour for the journey to the international airport. Traffic delays aren’t uncommon so allow some flexibility in terms of timing

Know what Auckland's traffic is like especially on a Monday morning with kids going to school I would say an hour to hour 1/2 and if its very bad, you could be looking at two hours.

Thank you for the additional advice.

I am one of those who likes to get to the airport early (well actually very very earl) ;p so I will assume worst case (two hours) for the drive as you suggest.

Keith

I suppose it depends who is driving but I would think not, with the skybus making stops.

Thanks. The reason I was asking is that you had mentioned 40 minutes and the other estimates were longer then that.

If going on a weekday and starting at 9:00 AM how long do you think it would be with skybus?

Keith

I have looked on the Skybus timetables and they estimate 55 mins from Queen St. We have caught the bus in the other direction (from the airport) on a Sat afternoon and think it may have been a bit less. From memory it only stops if the bell is rung or if it is hailed. For your information the Sky bus has luggage racks.

Thanks. The reason I was asking is that you had mentioned 40 minutes and the other estimates were longer then that.

If going on a weekday and starting at 9:00 AM how long do you think it would be with skybus?

Keith

Okay it says it takes around 55 mins.

Personally, I think you would be at International at around 9.45 am, so make sure your flight is after 12 noon.

I think that may be depending on which airport terminal it goes to first.

The site says - The first stop at the Airport is now the International Terminal, then the Domestic terminal.

https://www.skybus.co.nz/timetables

Hi - I live in Auckland and the new Waterview tunnel makes the trip to the airport faster. Also, after 9 am the worst of the peak traffic has gone - there is a big build up around school drop off time. Definitely allow an hour but it shouldn't take longer unless there is an accident or similar. I'm like you though - always leave plenty of time!!