Money back when cruise price drops?

I just noticed the price of our cruise on the Dawn has dropped $50.00 p.p. Is there any chance of getting this money refunded? We booked through a TA and haven't paid our final payment yet. Do I call the TA and ask? Kittykat

saw ours drop in price, have call in to TA, should hear from her today. Our only glitch might be that we got $100 OBC from them so that may change the terms of our original offering. Will post again after I hear from her. The price change I saw was $50 per person.

I just noticed the price of our cruise on the Dawn has dropped $50.00 p.p. Is there any chance of getting this money refunded? We booked through a TA and haven't paid our final payment yet. Do I call the TA and ask? Kittykat

Yes, if final payment isn't due yet and there is a price drop NCL will honor it. I don't know for how much longer, as RCI has just announced they no longer will adjust prices after booking (they will for 48 hours only and that, if I understand correctly is in the form of an OBC) What one line does, the rest usually follow.

Nita

Yes, if final payment isn't due yet and there is a price drop NCL will honor it. I don't know for how much longer, as RCI has just announced they no longer will adjust prices after booking (they will for 48 hours only and that, if I understand correctly is in the form of an OBC) What one line does, the rest usually follow.

Nita

This information is incorrect. Royal will continue to honor price drops up until final payment. After final payment, there will be no further price drops honored. However, if a higher level category drops lower, they will allow for upgrades.

If you book inside of final payment (penalty period) you will have 48 hours in which, if a lower price is found, you can get 110% of the difference as an OBC. After that, no further adjustments.

Cruises booked prior to May 17th are grandfathered under the old policy and will continue to get price drops up to 72 hours before cruising.

One thing to be careful of, is typically if you get a price adjustment, they will cancel and rebook your cruise. If you originally booked during a promotion time and had an onboard credit or something, you will likely lose it when you get the price drop. With a $50 pp drop, it may still be worth doing, even if you lose a promotion.

Cruises booked prior to May 17th are grandfathered under the old policy and will continue to get price drops up to 72 hours before cruising.

Is this for NCL or RCL ... I mean the May 17th date / rule?

Thanks!

Archived