Clearing immigration St Thomas

gzyteck

We will be arriving in St Thomas on Adventure of the Seas after stops in Aruba, Curacao, and St Maarten. Will we have to clear immigration in St Thomas before entering the island? If so how much time will that take, we have an independent tour booked and I need to know. Our final port is San Juan, PR, so that makes St Thomas our port of entry into the USA.

This takes no time at all, they will have you get your passports and basically you form a line and go through the dining room (or another venue) and the agents just looks at your passport and stamp your seapass card so that RCI knows you did it. Its really fast. No big deal, if you have somewhere you need to be I would just be there early for the pass through.

Apparently, they do not do this anymore. I asked on the main RCL board of people just off and they said was no customs or anything in St Thomas.

Princess Boards saying the same thing. Sounds like all of those that like to sleep in, now can here.

Apparently, they do not do this anymore. I asked on the main RCL board of people just off and they said was no customs or anything in St Thomas.

Is this true even if St. Thomas is NOT your first port stop, and you've stopped off at another foreign country port first? In October, we went St. Martin, before St. Thomas, and had to go through customs.

Recently returned from same agenda on the AOS. There was no Customs upon leaving the ship in St. Thomas. We walked over to a Boat for a Tour to St. John . Upon our return there was a customs officer who briefly looked at Passport and Picture ID. We then boarded AOS for Final stop to San Juan.

Is this true even if St. Thomas is NOT your first port stop, and you've stopped off at another foreign country port first? In October, we went St. Martin, before St. Thomas, and had to go through customs.

On Adventure OTS, St Thomas is the last stop after going to Aruba, Curacao, and St Martin. I have old Compasses that stated to present yourself to immigration the morning of St Thomas based on a card delivered to your cabin. Several recent cruisers have stated they no longer do that. It is apparently done in San Juan at the same time as customs.

Just off the Crown Princess today. We stopped at Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Grand Turk. We did NOT do any Customs & Immigration at St. Thomas. No early morning line on the ship (they did this the previous time we stopped at St. Thomas), no check on the dock, nothing. Seemed a little strange, as technically we were entering the US (the Virgin Islands are a US territory).

Archived