Separate Thread for C&A Complaints

Tyron

I'd like to suggest CC create another section for all the C&A complaints. It's almost unbearable to log on everyday and be overwhelmed with numerous threads discussing the same thing over and over and over again. Just my humble opinion. :cool::D

Tyron, one has already been created: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=956473

However, I think what's happening is that people aren't READING the full list of current postings before creating new ones...and that the Mods are trying to keep up as best they can...

Good afternoon Mrs.FixitCT! :D I was suggesting taking it a step further by creating an entirely separate section similiar to what was done for the Oasis.

I agree, they seem to go on ad nauseum.

ROE!!!!! :D:cool: What boggles my mind is if you've already booked with other cruise lines and have received word from RCI that there's immediate change in policy....then just move on. Let your wallets do your talking.

Good afternoon Mrs.FixitCT! :D I was suggesting taking it a step further by creating an entirely separate section similiar to what was done for the Oasis.

This is a brilliant idea. Please, Mods, have mercy on the rest of us and direct these threads "upstairs."

I had great, great sympathy at the first but the level of angst here now could not be higher if agents of RCCL had entered Diamond members homes and seized their respective first born children. Life must be pretty good if so many on this Board can achieve this level of DRAMA over losing access to a claustrophobic mash of humanity and a few free cocktails.

A lot of people have "earned" things in life these days that have "gone away"...pensions, life savings , portfolios. Something is very much out of proportion and perspective here.

Look, I hope the perks are reinstated but please spare us any more of this hysteria and hyberbole.

I'd like to suggest CC create another section for all the C&A complaints. It's almost unbearable to log on everyday and be overwhelmed with numerous threads discussing the same thing over and over and over again. Just my humble opinion. :cool::D

I agree with you 100%. I WAS enjoying coming on here frequently in anticipation of my June Freedom cruise. Now I don't even want to come on anymore because almost every post is whining and complaining. :mad:

This is a brilliant idea. Please, Mods, have mercy on the rest of us and direct these threads "upstairs."

I had great, great sympathy at the first but the level of angst here now could not be higher if agents of RCCL had entered Diamond members homes and seized their respective first born children. Life must be pretty good if so many on this Board can achieve this level of DRAMA over losing access to a claustrophobic mash of humanity and a few free cocktails.

A lot of people have "earned" things in life these days that have "gone away"...pensions, life savings , portfolios. Something is very much out of proportion and perspective here.

Look, I hope the perks are reinstated but please spare us any more of this hysteria and hyberbole.

I agree 100%....it SICKENS me to hear people whine and complain over something as trivial as this when people are losing their homes, pensions, etc. People can't afford to pay for medical treatment, prescriptions or know where their next meal is coming from...

It would be interesting if the rest of the world could view these complaints compared to some of the MAJOR issues that plague them everyday....goes to show the priorities of some. :rolleyes: I'm just thankful to still be employed and to be able to cruise.

Counting my blessings and not my cruise credits!!!!!!!

I agree with your post.

I also think that Royal made it too easy to become diamond members. I would have become diamond on our next cruise so it is a little bit of a bummer but if I want the conceirge service I will just book a suite.

I can also do without the gift that they gave to members. All that I am interested in is taking a vacation on a nice ship with a great crew.

I agree 100%....it SICKENS me to hear people whine and complain over something as trivial as this when people are losing their homes, pensions, etc. People can't afford to pay for medical treatment, prescriptions or know where their next meal is coming from...

It would be interesting if the rest of the world could view these complaints compared to some of the MAJOR issues that plague them everyday....goes to show the priorities of some. :rolleyes: I'm just thankful to still be employed and to be able to cruise.

Counting my blessings and not my cruise credits!!!!!!!

Thanks for putting it in perspective. I just became diamond and am sailing in July - a day late and a dollar short I guess. BUT I have it soooooo much better than most people I know. Thank goodness I wasn't near retirement when the economy took a nose dive. My Dear 'Ol Dad is living on his stock dividends, but no more. He is OK, owns his own home and my sister and I take care of his needs.

I am looking forward to my cruise, and a change in benefits isn't going to dampen it!

Laura

Well Tyron- on this page I counted 40 threads, only 3 of them are about C&A benefits, apart from the one you just started. So less than 10% .

If you are bothered why don't you just avoid the threads since 90% of the topics are about other subjects, and stop the whining yourself?

Well Tyron- on this page I counted 40 threads, only 3 of them are about C&A benefits, apart from the one you just started. So less than 10% .

If you are bothered why don't you just avoid the threads since 90% of the topics are about other subjects, and stop the whining yourself?

That's because mercifully...some have been merged. Why don't you address Tyron's main point..the appalling excess of emotion over something so trivial at this time in our economy.

If I were RCCL, I'd look at these posts and think....

"Well, we're losing some passengers whose first instinct is to sue..we're losing some passengers who indulge themselves (online and probably elsewhere) by insulting strangers with rude and infantile retorts.....we're losing some passengers who think alcohol makes or breaks their trip....we're losing some passengers who bragged they never had to spend a dime onboard because of the CL...we're losing passengers who insisted on sneaking in their friends and now are steamed.

They're going to Princess...

Hm-m-m-m...well...Bon Voyage..."

Thanks for your advice.... :):cool:

That's because mercifully...some have been merged. Why don't you address Tyron's main point..the appalling excess of emotion over something so trivial at this time in our economy.

"Well, we're losing some passengers whose first instinct is to sue..we're losing some passengers who indulge themselves (online and probably elsewhere) by insulting strangers with rude and infantile retorts.....we're losing some passengers who think alcohol makes or breaks their trip....we're losing some passengers who bragged they never had to spend a dime onboard because of the CL...we're losing passengers who insisted on sneaking in their friends and now are steamed.

Again, I agree 100%.:cool::)

To be honest with you, this is cruise critic. It is not a forum to discuss the problems in the world - it is a place to escape. Obviously, we are all aware of the economic downturn, violence, starvation, disease, terrorism, global warming - the list could go on and on and obviously what people are complaining about is trivial compared to any of these and they know it as well. They really don't need you pointing that out and it only serves to inflame them further - kind of like teasing a child because you know you will get a reaction.

Oh well, to each his own.

I would say if it makes you that irate why not just ignore the thread.

As I said it takes 10% of the board space.

I see lots of threads on here that are outside my interests or have become tedious by repetition- but I don't go onto those threads and try to ridicule people for "excess of emotion" regarding the topic they are discussing. It's only "trivial" to you, not apparently to the people who are discussing this.

This post says it all ! THANK YOU !! THANK YOU !! THANK YOU!!!

I would say if it makes you that irate why not just ignore the thread.

As I said it takes 10% of the board space.

I see lots of threads on here that are outside my interests or have become tedious by repetition- but I don't go onto those threads and try to ridicule people for "excess of emotion" regarding the topic they are discussing. It's only "trivial" to you, not apparently to the people who are discussing this.

Surely, it can be contained to one thread or moved up to one designated area. With the first announcement, I was in sympathy with all of you. But it is now several days later. You've written your letters, sent off your emails, canceled your trips, contacted your lawyers and state's attorneys, planned your class action suits and called Mr. Fain. You're on overkill!

Yes, this is a Board about escapism. You don't want other people's real life problems in regard to our economic problems here. Fine. Well, frankly, this has long since stopped being escapism and the intensity of the posts and reactions and nasty paranoid retorts are WAY over the top for what has happened. That's why some of us are begging for you to get some perspective.

Or please , Mods...confine all this to one gathering place.

Really would not make any difference. Haven't you noticed that most of the people who post on the Royal board like to complain about something? Really, it's sad that people go through life doing nothing but b*t*hing, moaning and groaning. Let them move on to another cruise line. Maybe that's what Royal Caribbean is trying to do. A Royal Flush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Really would not make any difference. Haven't you noticed that most of the people who post on the Royal board like to complain about something? Really, it's sad that people go through life doing nothing but b*t*hing, moaning and groaning. Let them move on to another cruise line. Maybe that's what Royal Caribbean is trying to do. A Royal Flush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

So isn't that what you're doing?

Archived