Nonrefundable Deposit Terms

vtcruising

I also assume the terms only apply to those cruises booked 11/28/17 and after.

I had my confirmation emailed to me for the cruise I booked on 11/28 and looked at the cancellation section very carefully. It looked the same as before (I chose refundable) and there was nothing about change fees. Let's hope it stays that way....

I have not sailed Celebrity, however have sailed RCCL quite extensively, and have read this thread with interest.

I can tell you from our experience, when Royal went to this policy, we started receiving offers to switch our existing reservations to NRD in exchange for OBC.

Some offers we found acceptable, others we did not.

As stated by another member in this thread, in our experience, you will see the difference in fare between refundable and non refundable grow quickly.

Happy sailing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Upon a closer reading of the promotion, it appears the change penalty is just for changes to ship and sailing date. So acting on price drops does not seem to trigger the penalty.

I wonder if this is something that TA's will use to lock people into higher rates so they don't have to service the reservation when prices change?

I have not sailed Celebrity, however have sailed RCCL quite extensively, and have read this thread with interest.

I can tell you from our experience, when Royal went to this policy, we started receiving offers to switch our existing reservations to NRD in exchange for OBC.

Some offers we found acceptable, others we did not.

As stated by another member in this thread, in our experience, you will see the difference in fare between refundable and non refundable grow quickly.

Happy sailing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting...we'll see if Celebrity follows suit.

• 2 weeks later...