Sanctuary Area question

Shutterlady

I've been on several cruises, but haven't been on a Princess cruise since 2004. Could someone please explain the "sanctuary" area to me and how it works. I'm assuming it's an adult area? We will be going on the Caribbean Princess in 1/2019 and I'm just looking around at the deck plans and different areas. I thought I saw where someone "reserved" chairs.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

I've been on several cruises, but haven't been on a Princess cruise since 2004. Could someone please explain the "sanctuary" area to me and how it works. I'm assuming it's an adult area? We will be going on the Caribbean Princess in 1/2019 and I'm just looking around at the deck plans and different areas. I thought I saw where someone "reserved" chairs.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

The Sanctuary is a reservations only, adults only area with padded loungers and other amenities. We haven't used it in years but I believe the cost is $20 for a half day and $40 for the whole day. Everyone says you need to go there upon boarding to make your reservation for the day(s) you want if you want to have a decent selection of loungers to choose from for your use.

Typically $30/day/pp if you buy it for the whole cruise. Area was originally the basketball court and very windy back in 2004 but is now glassed in. Not a lot of shade, so if you want to book then do it as soon as you get on. If you book for the cruise the lounger is for your use only. They also have some couch and chair seating you can use when it rains or to get out of the sun.

The Sanctuary is a reservations only, adults only area with padded loungers and other amenities. We haven't used it in years but I believe the cost is $20 for a half day and $40 for the whole day. Everyone says you need to go there upon boarding to make your reservation for the day(s) you want if you want to have a decent selection of loungers to choose from for your use.

Are the "Refreshing Drinks and Healthy Snacks" included in the price of admission?

Are the "Refreshing Drinks and Healthy Snacks" included in the price of admission?

There's ice water with lemon or cucumber(?) flavoring. That's included.

In the morning, they'll bring donuts, croissants, coffee, tea (we got hot chocolate IIRC)...tips are nice.

In the afternoon, they'll bring "afternoon tea". Supposed to be the same stuff they have in the MDR for afternoon tea...sandwiches, scones, cookies plus tea or coffee. Again, tips appreciated.

Unfortunately, the one and only time we did the Sanctuary, the afternoon tea that was served was miserly. Others have posted that it's really nice. That's only one of the reasons we've never booked the Sanctuary again. Just not our thing.:(