Recent cruisers to havana re: Ships in port

victory2020

Hello all,

Last April on the Sky our port time was cut short due to Empress of the Seas coming in. I'm trying to book another cruise & am seeing two larger ships (2000 pax) in port on the date I want. It was reported on a recent Sky review that Empress was in port at the same time the Sky, was so maybe the port has figured out how to have 2 larger ships in at the same time. Has anyone noticed 2 larger ships in at the same time? I know they can handle 1 large & 1 small (600 pax IE Azmara)

Hello all,

Last April on the Sky our port time was cut short due to Empress of the Seas coming in. I'm trying to book another cruise & am seeing two larger ships (2000 pax) in port on the date I want. It was reported on a recent Sky review that Empress was in port at the same time the Sky, was so maybe the port has figured out how to have 2 larger ships in at the same time. Has anyone noticed 2 larger ships in at the same time? I know they can handle 1 large & 1 small (600 pax IE Azmara)

We sailed in June of this year on the Empress. There was an MSC ship in port on our first day and the NCL Sky in port on our second day. No issues.

RC%20Empress%2006-2018-9442-600x400.jpg

d806cb95ee4f56b990962dce3786af54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our guide told us that normally they have just 1 ship per day, occasionally 2. Judging by the looks of the ship terminals, I can't see how they would possibly have more than 2 -- one on each side of the one working terminal.

Our guide told us that normally they have just 1 ship per day, occasionally 2. Judging by the looks of the ship terminals, I can't see how they would possibly have more than 2 -- one on each side of the one working terminal.

Exactly, usually one 2000 pax ship & one 400 - 600 pax ship. I'm concerned if 2 large ships are scheduled one will get bumped. Someone said Royal docked in the left side & it was tight - I've always seen the small ships on that side. In my research I found that there are 3 large ships scheduled next March 18th - an impossibility.

Exactly, usually one 2000 pax ship & one 400 - 600 pax ship. I'm concerned if 2 large ships are scheduled one will get bumped. Someone said Royal docked in the left side & it was tight - I've always seen the small ships on that side. In my research I found that there are 3 large ships scheduled next March 18th - an impossibility.

Greetings

When we were there in June they were working on another of the terminal buildings. Still won't be large enough for bigger ships but it will add 2 more dock spaces. At the rate the islands usually move I don't think it will be ready for March but maybe the ship schedules are hoping for the best.

Good Sailing

Tom

Just got back on August 18th sailing on the Empress. We were in the inner dock and both days we were there, there were bigger ships on the outer dock. First day an NCL and second day an RCL and both were larger than the Empress. There are talks of them trying to get another dock to take ships on, but the other 2 that are there right now are in completely unusable shambles. I wouldn't be surprised if they do fix them at some point though as the tourist industry from the ships is bringing in a lot of money to the people (and more importantly I'm sure, to the government) of Cuba.

There was an RCCL ship and the NCL Sun in on the same day

I think there are official marine websites where you can see what ships are due in which ports...

I always forget what it is --however when planning I do look to get an idea to see how crowded things may be

• 3 weeks later...
I have noticed that March 19 & 20, 2019 NCL & Azmara are both coming & leaving port at the exact same hour. I'm thinking that is impossible. Does someone know for sure?

There are 2 berths in the port of Havana. While on the Paradise last month, we were docked with the Empress of the Seas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, that's good to know. Looks like they figured out how to have 2 larger ships in port at the same time. Were custom's lines separate for each ship?

When I was there in December, 2017, there were 2 ships in the port of Havana for 2 days...I was on Oceania Insignia (684 passengers) and next to us was a large MSC ship.

They did have 2 separate immigration lines...one for each ship. Interestingly, people were embarking and disembarking from the MSC ship while we were there.