Sewage odor on the Miracle

poms12

I was just wondering as I have read from more then one person a constant sewage odor in various parts of the ship, when people get back from there vacation do they report it to Carnival and if they do what does Carnival say? I was just wondering as we will be on that ship next Jan. I looked for the dry dock on her but can't find out when it is due.

Unfortunately, that's part of a cruise vacation. These ships in various sections of the vessel will experience a foul odor or another periodically and it's not a health threat unless you end up with it backing up through the commode.

DW noticed this for our first time on Empress w/RCL. For me, I've been used to smells and odors on ships before (Navy) and realizing how ships are and can be I was not surprised to smell sewage on a cruise ship.

In other words, it's not really that big of a deal unless it decides to back up in your cabin (which is highly unlikely to occur anyway).

If you call Carnival I am not really sure what they'd say except to maybe give an apology since sewage odors are quite common on ships.

I have spent most of my life on boats and ships of all sizes, everyone that I have ever been on occasionally has sewage smells. It is part of being at sea. Sewage is held in holding tanks until they can be purged. Holding tanks vent by design, if not there would be a very nasty accident waiting to happen.:eek:

Unfortunately, that's part of a cruise vacation. These ships in various sections of the vessel will experience a foul odor or another periodically and it's not a health threat unless you end up with it backing up through the commode.

DW noticed this for our first time on Empress w/RCL. For me, I've been used to smells and odors on ships before (Navy) and realizing how ships are and can be I was not surprised to smell sewage on a cruise ship.

In other words, it's not really that big of a deal unless it decides to back up in your cabin (which is highly unlikely to occur anyway).

If you call Carnival I am not really sure what they'd say except to maybe give an apology since sewage odors are quite common on ships.

I've only been on 6 cruises, a minnow compared to most of you which includes 3 different cruiselines. I've never ever smelled a sewage smell.

I've only been on 6 cruises, a minnow compared to most of you which includes 3 different cruiselines. I've never ever smelled a sewage smell.

You've been lucky then! Congrats....I will admit the smell is pretty disgusting!

Eleven cruises down and I have never not smelled it at some point during a cruise. It is usually around the last sea day before heading home.

You are lucky you haven't had that smell in previous cruises.

Eleven cruises down and I have never not smelled it at some point during a cruise. It is usually around the last sea day before heading home.

You are lucky you haven't had that smell in previous cruises.

I hope my luck continues for at least one more cruise. LOL

There was apparently some kinda pipe that broke on the May 15th (I think that was the date) Miracle sailing on Aft deck 5 I think. I wasn't on it but this is what I have read on the internet from people who sailed on the ship.

I was just wondering as I have read from more then one person a constant sewage odor in various parts of the ship, when people get back from there vacation do they report it to Carnival and if they do what does Carnival say? I was just wondering as we will be on that ship next Jan. I looked for the dry dock on her but can't find out when it is due.

We have been on the Miracle twice, the last time this past Jan, and we never noticed any foul odors. We loved the Miracle and are looking at possibly doing her again in Oct of 2011. She is a great ship and has a great crew on her now.

We were on the 5/15 sailing and yes, there was a sewer smell for the first day or 2...aft section. Unfortunately it was also by the buffet:eek: A sewage pipe broke and after it was fixed, I didn't notice much of a smell anywhere. As others have said, it often happens on the ships from time to time....

Archived