Help. Going nuts, cruising in less then a week.

DH and I are going on a cruise on June 10 (Explorer of the Seas). I am going nuts trying to tie up all of the lose ends - packing, work, packing, cleaning, packing, ironing, packing.... well you get the picture. Plus I am getting very excited. This will be our first time on the Explorer of the Seas. Will I be able to do everything I want to do? Will I love the ship like everyone else does? What if my cloths have wrinkles on them? In addition, I am feeling very anxious because I am afraid I will forget to do something, or forget to pack something. I am also looking foreword to meeting all of the nice people on my roll call. Is there any cure for me? Am I destined to be going nuts, being excited, feeling anxious for the next few days?

I'm right there with ya Sleepless!

I'm leaving tomorrow (we'll be getting off Explorer the day you'll be getting on) and for the past few days I've been walking around the house and getting very little accomplished because my minds all over the place! I still haven't started putting things in my suitcase yet, so I'm more behind than you!

My anxiety level is through the roof - but it's the good anxiety you get when you're so excited about something, so I'm just enjoying the ride :D

I'm a cruise novice compared to lots of people here, but I have never noticed if anyone's clothes were wrinkled or if they wore the same thing twice, etc. I am always too busy having a good time myself!

Is this your first time on a Voyager or Freedom class ship? The Promenade will wow you.

We do not cruise for 10 days and last night I could not fall asleep - I was like a kid on Christmas Eve, so excited thinking about my upcoming vacation. I enjoy this process, because when it is over I just want to do it again!

DH and I are going on a cruise on June 10 (Explorer of the Seas). I am going nuts trying to tie up all of the lose ends - packing, work, packing, cleaning, packing, ironing, packing.... well you get the picture. Plus I am getting very excited. This will be our first time on the Explorer of the Seas. Will I be able to do everything I want to do? Will I love the ship like everyone else does? What if my cloths have wrinkles on them? In addition, I am feeling very anxious because I am afraid I will forget to do something, or forget to pack something. I am also looking foreword to meeting all of the nice people on my roll call. Is there any cure for me? Am I destined to be going nuts, being excited, feeling anxious for the next few days?

CALM DOWN !!!!

As long as you have the following you need not worry about anything else.

Set Sail paperwork

I.D. (Passport, Drivers License etc)

Credit Card

A few dollars

A suitcase with a few clothes in

What's the panic ?

CALM DOWN !!!!

Set Sail paperwork

Credit Card

A few dollars

What's the panic ?

Agree with octagomike. As long as you have the above, take the rest in stride. I'm type A and I have a rule on the curise, as long as I have the above, if I forgot anything else, I'll buy it when I get there.

Have a great cruise.

Dave

agree with octagomike. As long as you have the above, take the rest in stride. I'm type a and i have a rule on the curise, as long as i have the above, if i forgot anything else, i'll buy it when i get there.

Have a great cruise.

Dave

exactly !

Good Morning sleepless: First off, you will have a wonderful cruise! You will love the Explorer. Take the time to look around at your own pace!

As stated above, Downy Wrinkle release is great! If you are bringing Formal Wear, get those out and hang them up quickly. Take them out of the clost and let the "air get to them", during the day before Formal Night...They will be fine.

Next, I would suggest do not try to do everything! It is impossible. You need to pick and choose the things you or each of you enjoy the most. Allow time for relaxation!! That's the best part of cruising!

You will meet wonderful people throughout your cruise! Just make sure you have in your purse, your seapass, passports, photo ID's, and $$$. I'm sure you'll have enough clothes, bathing suits, etc. If you forget something so important (which I doubt you will), you can always get it when the ship is under way!!

Have a great day and please relax! Everything will go smoothly for you :-)

Buy a bottle of "wrinkle release" by Downy. Works great!! Just spray. Smooth with hand and let dry. I take it every cruise.

:confused: Hi their i live in England and have not heard or seen this product. Is is just in the States?

Oh and im the Indy on the 19th so it may be a great help if I can get hold of some!!!!!

Pat

Have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Make sure you have the essentials (passport, cash, credit card, clothes, plane tickets), and then enjoy your cruise. If you forget something, you can always purchase it in the airport or in port.

Once you get on the ship, grab a drink and RELAX!

:confused: Hi their i live in England and have not heard or seen this product. Is is just in the States?

Oh and im the Indy on the 19th so it may be a great help if I can get hold of some!!!!!

Pat

Just get clothes Ironed on board it's well worth it and not that expensive.

If stuff gets wrinkled send it to get pressed...it's only a couple bucks per item and is worth it.

You will not be able to do EVERYTHING so just resign yourself to that...look at the cruise compass and get an idea of what you want to do....don't stress if you miss something..it is an excuse to book another cruise...

Get to the pier early so you can get on the ship as soon as possible...then you can walk around and figure out where you are. on our b2b last month, even on the 9 nighter, by day 8 people STILL weren't figuring out where they were!:eek::D

If you forget to pack something buy it on the ship or in port. BUT i would remember to bring any medicines you might need (tummy, allergy, etc) as this stuff costs a bundle..

if you need batteries, try to remember a bunch of those......

other than that, it's a great ship and you will have a great time!

I'll just add, we got sun poisoning in Roatan, Houndouras...very hot. Forgot to bring Aloe Vera. This time I'm ready. 2 travel tubes. The sunblock made it worse... I'm better with nothing (and we used about 30 or 45)! As the poster stated, all necessary meds, diar., heartburn, aspirins, seasick meds (just in case) etc. AND get on the ship as early as you can! Makes you feel your vacation has really started :-)

We also take our eye glass RX just in case~ Glad we never needed it.

Safe sails!!

I'm right there with ya Sleepless!

I'm leaving tomorrow (we'll be getting off Explorer the day you'll be getting on) and for the past few days I've been walking around the house and getting very little accomplished because my minds all over the place! I still haven't started putting things in my suitcase yet, so I'm more behind than you!

My anxiety level is through the roof - but it's the good anxiety you get when you're so excited about something, so I'm just enjoying the ride :D

Hi NJnewbie (neighbor) - are you in Hamilton in Mercer County? Husband and I live in Ewing Twp. (Mercer County). Also, my husband grew up near Hamilton....Yardville. Have a great time on your cruise......YOU TOO "Sleepness."

I'll just add, we got sun poisoning in Roatan, Houndouras...very hot. Forgot to bring Aloe Vera. This time I'm ready. 2 travel tubes. The sunblock made it worse... I'm better with nothing (and we used about 30 or 45)! As the poster stated, all necessary meds, diar., heartburn, aspirins, seasick meds (just in case) etc. AND get on the ship as early as you can! Makes you feel your vacation has really started :-)

We also take our eye glass RX just in case~ Glad we never needed it.

Safe sails!!

Lots of New Jerseyans on this posts.....what county you live at UANDME4EVER?

Denise---

You're toooo funny! This weekend I will be "super packing" as I feel like I have been "preparing" for months!

I too have packed a "Medicine" cabinet. I used the little Tupperware shot glasses w/lids to put stuff in--advil, tums, etc. and you can see thru them.

Don't worry, we'll be fine. And I won't look at your wrinkles!!!

Kathy R.

Hi NJnewbie (neighbor) - are you in Hamilton in Mercer County? Husband and I live in Ewing Twp. (Mercer County). Also, my husband grew up near Hamilton....Yardville. Have a great time on your cruise......YOU TOO "Sleepness."

We've been living in our Yardville house for the past 22 years, AND I also grew up in Yardville..so maybe I know you're husband? I graduated in '81 from Hamilton West.

I'm feeling calmer now that I've finished all my running around, phone calls, instructions with the neighbor, AND packing. So now I can sit back and relax....if that's at all possible! :eek::p

Denise---

You're toooo funny! This weekend I will be "super packing" as I feel like I have been "preparing" for months!

I too have packed a "Medicine" cabinet. I used the little Tupperware shot glasses w/lids to put stuff in--advil, tums, etc. and you can see thru them.

Don't worry, we'll be fine. And I won't look at your wrinkles!!!

Kathy R.

Thanks, Kathy, I new I could count on you. But are you referring to the wrinkles on my cloths, or on my body?

Denise

Thanks, Kathy, I new I could count on you. But are you referring to the wrinkles on my cloths, or on my body?

Denise

Your clothes, silly! I don't think that Downy stuff will work on our bodies. Who knows, though, maybe we should give it a try!!:D

See ya on Roll Call!

Kathy R.

CALM DOWN !!!!

Set Sail paperwork

Credit Card

A few dollars

What's the panic ?

Agree with octagomike. As long as you have the above, take the rest in stride. I'm type A and I have a rule on the curise, as long as I have the above, if I forgot anything else, I'll buy it when I get there.

Have a great cruise.

Dave

What about the paper bag?

You know, the one for raising the CO2 level in the body. The level of which is reduced, due to the inevitable hyperventilating, when you first see the ship in port as you arrive via ground transportation.

Seasoned cruisers use the pursed lip technique. Or pretend to be covering their mouths while they yawn in supposed boredom.

Archived