Disposable waterproof cameras

Miss Jolly

Just had my film processed yesterday from last weeks cruise. I got the camera on the ship and took it below 20 ft. (rated for 100ft.)

I would not buy another one as the pictures came out rather dark compared to the ones my wife took with the olypus 1000 series that she barowed from a friend on board. They may do well at snorkel depth but if you plan on diving with it I would save my $$$ or try one of the Kodak models from the drug store. The one I had did not leak and also could be removed from the case and re filled with 35 mm film.

Hope this helps.

Richie

We've used them for snorkel, and general beach pictures. The quality is just not there. Save you're money.

We bought a Cannon D10 waterproof camera. Takes fantastic underwater pics. We're so glad we spent a few more $$$ and now have truly great pictures to remember our snorkel trips.

Just to get wet or for diving?

Just toget wet, I picked up a couple at TARGET and used them at Dunns RIver and the pictures came out great.

I sure wouldn't have taken them down beyond 10 feet and expected them to work however

It's very difficult to frame a shot with one of these. It has a tiny view-finder which you have to hold against your mask and even in very clear water you can hardly see what's out there through it. I tried one and got a few decent photos, but it was basically point-and-hope. +1 one saving your money.

Pjk

I, too, was very disappointed with the disposable underwater camera. We were snorkeling in 12'-14' deep water for a turtle excursion and definitely were not even close to the bottom. We were so excited to get them developed as we thought we had taken some great shots. Wow...so disappointed.

• 5 weeks later...
Just wondering if anyone has been particularly pleased with a specific disposable underwater camera.Thought they might make great stocking fillers for our upcoming caribbean cruises.

I used a Kodak disposable and the pictures were decent for the price ($21 on the ship).

87510007.jpg

87510009.jpg

87510019-1.jpg

Remember to clean off the lens when you leave the water

If you do lots of snorkeling ,invest in a waterproof camera.I didnt have much luck with the throw away cameras.They have no zoom,no adjustments and pick up all the particles in the water. I love my Panasonic Luminix,its waterproof to 10ft(without a case),I have also bought a case for it and a strobe..awesome photos and videos !

I used a Walmart Fuji Waterproof disposable camera when I went snorkling two years ago. The pictures came out really nice. They do not have a zoom, but if you are serious about taking underwater pics, you can buy a plastic case to put your camera in.

Good Luck and have fun I did.

Archived