Bali and singapore. a few q's

Can any one help me regarding my cruise on the sun princess 16th aug.

What is the port name in bali?(is it benoa?), I read that it is a long tender ride to shore so what time can i expect to arrive on shore ? , where does the tender drop you off? and one last question, At what port do u stop at in singapore?, as i have friends to meet and i would like to tell them.

Thanks for your help

What is the port name in bali?(is it benoa?), I read that it is a long tender ride to shore so what time can i expect to arrive on shore ? , where does the tender drop you off? and one last question, At what port do u stop at in singapore?, as i have friends to meet and i would like to tell them.

Thanks for your help

For Singapore it's the cruise terminal across from Sentosa Is.

Thanks for your help

Yes the port is Benoa, I think for memory we arrived 15 mins before the scheduled time for giving up tender tickets, we only sent 1 of our party of 4 down and she was able to get the 4 tickets, everything runs smoothly and we were off the tender by 9 am for our pickup with our guide.

Princess also hired a catamaran which holds a huge amount of passengers.

In Singapore the ship docks at the Jurong Container Terminal at the Port of Singapore, I think for memory we were off the ship by 9:00am.

Hope this helps, and have a wonderful cruise aboard our favourite ship.

isajack:)

Thanks for your help

Singpore the ship ties in at Harbourtown. Your friends can catch the MRT there. Its a large shopping centre. mummsie

We were on the Sun Princess last September and visited Benoa (Bali) and Singapore. Benoa is a tender port and about 20 minutes ride and the journey was rough on the ship's tender. There is a little kiosk and plenty of taxi where the tender disembark.

In Singapore, the ship berthed at Harbourfront. From there you could catch the MRT (underground train) to Chinatown, Little India and Clark Quay. For Orchard Road, you have to change at Dhoby Ghaut station.

Harbourfront has lots of shops and most of the boutiques are European like Mango and Zara. My favourite store is Uniqlo (Japanese) which sells the finest pure cotton polo shirt at a reasonable price. The store sells seasonal clothings so you may pick up some winter wear at the end of the year. This is a very popular store in most capital cities like New York, London, Paris etc.

The turn around time on the tenders in Benoa, Bali is well over an hour. It takes a very long time to load up all the passengers especially on the larger vessels. Then all the not so able passengers are allowed to disembark first. It is a twenty minute trip each way. If you miss getting on the first round of tenders, expect to wait another hour before the next round is called. A VERY long process.

My tips for Benoa are:

1. Book a ship's excursion to get you off the ship early.

2. Get up really early to ensure you get the first tender tickets for after all the tours leave.

We had tender ticket 10/11 for our group even though we were there early and by the time we got to our private tour bus it was 11am, thus losing over two hours of the day.

Singpore the ship ties in at Harbourtown. Your friends can catch the MRT there. Its a large shopping centre. mummsie

Hi Mummsie!

We are on ROTS, Singapore to Sydney next year and were looking for some nice accommodation when we get to Singapore, preferably not too far from the ship, any ideas:confused:. As the ship is in drydock for a refit and we are on the first cruise out, do you know if it will still leave from Harbourtown? Any info greatly appreciated:D

Cheers

Melissa

We are on ROTS, Singapore to Sydney next year and were looking for some nice accommodation when we get to Singapore, preferably not too far from the ship, any ideas:confused:. As the ship is in drydock for a refit and we are on the first cruise out, do you know if it will still leave from Harbourtown? Any info greatly appreciated:D

Cheers

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

I'll answer that one for you if I can.

Where ROTS will leave from depends on the status of the new cruise terminal - due to open late this year.

If open, ROTS will most certainly leave from the new terminal at Marina South, if not it will leave from either the old Harbourfront Cruise Terminal or Jurong - whichever is available to it at the time.

When Harbourfront is taken up by Star Cruises ships other lines spill over to the industrial docks at Jurong.

The new "state of the art" cruise terminal should alleviate that.

Re hotels - any hotel in Singapore is never more than 15 minutes by taxi from where the action is - including cruise terminals. :D:)

Re Bali, Traffic situation is very bad...I recommend you either do a ships tour *very expensive*or hire a local driver and car which works out better and you can go wherever you want...they wait you hire them all day and it works out at around $5 or so per hour negotiable...they usually have small mpv's so can take 5 people easily.

I would suggest going to Ubud and Volcano or Tanah Lot etc. give Kuta a miss unless you are desparate to go there...very busy, lots of traffic...same stuff you can buy anywhere.

We have used a good english speaking driver we can recommend if you want to get a quote from him..I am in Bali at the moment.

Sue

Hi Melissa,

Where ROTS will leave from depends on the status of the new cruise terminal - due to open late this year.

If open, ROTS will most certainly leave from the new terminal at Marina South, if not it will leave from either the old Harbourfront Cruise Terminal or Jurong - whichever is available to it at the time.

When Harbourfront is taken up by Star Cruises ships other lines spill over to the industrial docks at Jurong.

Re hotels - any hotel in Singapore is never more than 15 minutes by taxi from where the action is - including cruise terminals. :D:)

Hi there,

We were in Singapore in April and were at Marina Bay South. The new cruise terminal will not open there (unfortunately) until 2014. So Rhapsody will probably go to Harbourfront. They can take another ship there even when Virgo is in port. Hope this helps. Cheryle:)

Hi there,

We were in Singapore in April and were at Marina Bay South. The new cruise terminal will not open there (unfortunately) until 2014. So Rhapsody will probably go to Harbourfront. They can take another ship there even when Virgo is in port. Hope this helps. Cheryle:)

Thats bad news Cheryle - unusual for Singapore not to get a project done on time. :confused:

Still, Harbourfront is a fairly efficient terminal - with lots of shops as has been stated before. :D:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Melissa,

Thanks heaps Dennis:D

Sorry I haven't said so sooner, I've had a bugger of a time getting onto any of my usual threads! A couple of times lately by sheer accident only lol:confused:

I guess RCCL will let us know sooner to the cruise date where we leave from.

Cheers

Melissa

Hi there,

Many thanks to you too Cheryle:D Any info is always appreciated!!

Cheers

Melissa

• 3 months later...
Yes the port is Benoa, I think for memory we arrived 15 mins before the scheduled time for giving up tender tickets, we only sent 1 of our party of 4 down and she was able to get the 4 tickets, everything runs smoothly and we were off the tender by 9 am for our pickup with our guide.

Princess also hired a catamaran which holds a huge amount of passengers.

In Singapore the ship docks at the Jurong Container Terminal at the Port of Singapore, I think for memory we were off the ship by 9:00am.

Hope this helps, and have a wonderful cruise aboard our favourite ship.

isajack:)

How did it go with your guide in Bali? Please let me know the name of the guide if you were happy and don't mind sharing the info. Thanks!

Large ships are normally at the container port in Singapore with a shuttle service to the main cruise terminal opposite Sentosa Island. The cruise terminal can only dock one ship so I guess it is luck of the draw who gets it.

As for who was asking about accommodation there I am staying next year at the Marina Bay Sands - it is the three towers with a pool deck and leisure park on top of al three 200m above the ground. I am looking forward to that as it looks a great hotel.

Singapore has lots of fancy hotels. When I joined Arcadia in 2009 there I stayed at St. Regis which was brand new and they took me to the ship in one of their Bentley Limousines which was a great way to start the cruise.

Large ships are normally at the container port in Singapore with a shuttle service to the main cruise terminal opposite Sentosa Island. The cruise terminal can only dock one ship so I guess it is luck of the draw who gets it.

As for who was asking about accommodation there I am staying next year at the Marina Bay Sands - it is the three towers with a pool deck and leisure park on top of al three 200m above the ground. I am looking forward to that as it looks a great hotel.

Singapore has lots of fancy hotels. When I joined Arcadia in 2009 there I stayed at St. Regis which was brand new and they took me to the ship in one of their Bentley Limousines which was a great way to start the cruise.

Hi there we will be sailing on the Voyager of the Seas from Singapore to Perth in Oct 2012,would you recommend taking Singapore dollars with us or changing money when we get there,we will be there for 3 days before the cruise.

Thanks Sharon

Hi there,We were in Singapore in April and were at Marina Bay South. The new cruise terminal will not open there (unfortunately) until 2014. So Rhapsody will probably go to Harbourfront. They can take another ship there even when Virgo is in port. Hope this helps. Cheryle:)

Thats bad news Cheryle - unusual for Singapore not to get a project done on time. :confused:Still, Harbourfront is a fairly efficient terminal - with lots of shops as has been stated before. :D:)

Its a shame the new terminal is behind schedule...not usual for Singapore.

The Harbour front Terminal is mainly used by Star Cruises, but other cruise lines use it as well . Berthing of ships there is governed by the amount of room they need to turn around , and also their height , as a cable car to Sentosa Island runs across the top of where the ships berth.

Hi there,

according to news released few weeks ago

the new cruise terminal should be operational by second quarter of 2012.

Hi there we will be sailing on the Voyager of the Seas from Singapore to Perth in Oct 2012,would you recommend taking Singapore dollars with us or changing money when we get there,we will be there for 3 days before the cruise.

Thanks Sharon

Having been to Singapore many times, we always exchange money when we get there. You get a much better exchange rate! If you are arriving by plane exchange a small amount at the airport and then in the city when the exchange rate is much better.

according to news released few weeks ago

the new cruise terminal should be operational by second quarter of 2012.

Hi, I do hope this is the case. When we left on Diamond Princess in November it was a LONG way to the container terminal. It took approx. 2 hours from arriving at the check in point to getting on the ship. The new facility will be great!

Hi, I do hope this is the case. When we left on Diamond Princess in November it was a LONG way to the container terminal. It took approx. 2 hours from arriving at the check in point to getting on the ship. The new facility will be great!

It will be great when the new terminal is up and running.

Where did you have to check in for your cruise?

When we cruised from Singapore , Princess used the Formula One building which is part of the Singapore Grand Prix circuit.

It will be great when the new terminal is up and running.

Where did you have to check in for your cruise?

When we cruised from Singapore , Princess used the Formula One building which is part of the Singapore Grand Prix circuit.

We checked in at the Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre. It was very well run by Princess but still took a long time.

Archived