Wine package?

BLS

Sorry folks , but for the life of me I cannot find the info I saw earlier with the Wine pkg info.(or wine card)

(Silver or Gold)

Can anyone help me find it?

Thanks bunches,

Bev

Here's the link & info but I never did get an answer if these prices are plus tips or include tips?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1563659&highlight=wine+packages

Silver Package -- Select any wine from the wine list under $29.00

5 bottles $120.00

7 bottles $161.00

10 bottles $210.00

12 bottles $240.00

Gold Package -- Select any wine from the wine list under $45.00

5 bottles $160.00

7 bottles $217.00

10 bottles $290.00

12 bottles $336.00

I'll let you know about the tip. We actually purchased a package tonight but I hate to say we didn't pay any attention to whether it included the tip or not. We spent some time trying to figure out if we could use it for the entire 14 days we are on board (we can) and forgot about checking total cost. I'll check our folio in the next day or so and report back. Dave

I'll let you know about the tip. We actually purchased a package tonight but I hate to say we didn't pay any attention to whether it included the tip or not. We spent some time trying to figure out if we could use it for the entire 14 days we are on board (we can) and forgot about checking total cost. I'll check our folio in the next day or so and report back. Dave

Dave, thanks in advance for checking on the total cost. :)

The 15% gratuity is added to these prices. We selected the 7 bottle Gold package for $217.00 and the total charged to our account was $249.55. We found the wine card provided good value for us, as we chose wines that we have enjoyed on Princess previously that were priced from $36.00/$44.00. We consumed only 6 of these at dinner during the cruise and were able to take home a lovely Ferrari-Carano merlot.

We would definitely purchase a wine package for our next cruise.

Mike

The 15% gratuity is added to these prices. We selected the 7 bottle Gold package for $217.00 and the total charged to our account was $249.55. We found the wine card provided good value for us, as we chose wines that we have enjoyed on Princess previously that were priced from $36.00/$44.00. We consumed only 6 of these at dinner during the cruise and were able to take home a lovely Ferrari-Carano merlot.

We would definitely purchase a wine package for our next cruise.

Mike

I agree that merlot is particularly good. But it is only $20 in our local store, and sometimes 10% off. Having said that, if you brought in on yourself and paid an $18 corkage fee like on HAL it would be nearly equal cost. So the wine package is a very good deal, and so much more convenient.

Jim

I agree that merlot is particularly good. But it is only $20 in our local store, and sometimes 10% off. Having said that, if you brought in on yourself and paid an $18 corkage fee like on HAL it would be nearly equal cost. So the wine package is a very good deal, and so much more convenient.

Jim

Corkage fee on Princess is currently $15.

Chris (Mrs. GoBlueCruiser)

Jim

And it's only $15 on Princess. :)

While I generally bring wine onboard & pay corkage when consumed in the MDR, I hope this program will go fleetwide soon to have another option. For me it will particularly be a good option on longer cruises with few days in port. It's another option instead of packing in luggage & paying those fees or to get them before boarding or in port.

I believe Chris was on the Crown and someone on the Coral mentioned it a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks! I knew I'd seen several people make mention of it but I'd lost track of the ships involved. I'll keep my finger crossed for the Island by late May.

Archived