Cunard Data Breach Exposes 1,200-Plus Passengers

LauraS

Nice to see your post survived... It appears they did not like me pointing them in the direction of the current discussion and my post was deleted. Charming.

T5LHR, I read your post before it disappeared. To the best of my knowledge, it did not warrant removal as no Cruise Critic rules were violated. And yes, before someone reminds me, I am aware that I have just violated Cruise Critic rules by questioning removal of a post. Ciao, -S.

T5LHR, I read your post before it disappeared. To the best of my knowledge, it did not warrant removal as no Cruise Critic rules were violated. And yes, before someone reminds me, I am aware that I have just violated Cruise Critic rules by questioning removal of a post. Ciao, -S.

wow, wow, Thanks to members here, this serious breach of passenger info

is brought out to public. In my case , since I just traveled back on QM2 from Europe.. do I call US STATE DEPT and report my passport lost? Has Cunard contacted those passengers whose passport info been compromised?

We are all in the same boat , now!!!!

Disclosure of your passport number does not equate to a lost passport. The information disclosed was not passport numbers per se, but info that could allow a recipient to access booking info which contained among other things a passenger's passport number.

Do you even know that you were among those whose information was shared? When it happened to me (last ~September) the other 2 people whose infomration I saw people were on the same cruise as me.

wow, wow, Thanks to members here, this serious breach of passenger info

is brought out to public. In my case , since I just traveled back on QM2 from Europe.. do I call US STATE DEPT and report my passport lost? Has Cunard contacted those passengers whose passport info been compromised?

We are all in the same boat , now!!!!

Your travel was completed before this happened, so none of your info would have been released. once your cruise is over, your booking number becomes inactuve.

Disclosure of your passport number does not equate to a lost passport. The information disclosed was not passport numbers per se, but info that could allow a recipient to access booking info which contained among other things a passenger's passport number.

Do you even know that you were among those whose information was shared? When it happened to me (last ~September) the other 2 people whose infomration I saw people were on the same cruise as me.

I am one of the passengers whose info was disclosed. Cunard's message said only that they had "systems issues," which makes it sound like nothing. But until they found the error and shut down the voyage personalizer, anyone who received the list had names and booking numbers for 1200 people. That's all it takes to get into the voyage personalizers. It seems that only other passengers got the list. But we don't know that for sure. We don't know much of anything because Cunard isn't at all forthcoming with information.

Think about it--someone out there could know my address and when I'll be away. Helllllooooo Mr Burglar!

Someone out there could have my name and passport number. I don't know how valuable that would be. I think that when a HS officer scans my passport, he/she sees my photo on the computer screen. So if somebody uses my name and passport number to make a fake passport, there is still the issue of the photo. But I am going to contact the State Dept to see if they think I should get a new passport, just in case.

And to the person who posted on the other thread that it was wrong of anyone who got the list to contact others on the list, I disagree! I am thankful that someone took the time to email me to let me know.

Your travel was completed before this happened, so none of your info would have been released. once your cruise is over, your booking number becomes inactuve.

Thank you for the info. I have an up coming trip with Cunard, all seems ok .

I received email from Cunard regarding White Star luggage but did not open pdf file before deleting email. As Cunard are a bit short of information regarding this leak van someone who opened the pdf file let us know what information was included. Thanks

I received email from Cunard regarding White Star luggage but did not open pdf file before deleting email. As Cunard are a bit short of information regarding this leak van someone who opened the pdf file let us know what information was included. Thanks

SANQNAT, have you arranged for White Star Luggage Service? If so, perhaps that pdf file contained information regarding your arrangements? (Scan before opening)

SANQNAT, have you arranged for White Star Luggage Service? If so, perhaps that pdf file contained information regarding your arrangements? (Scan before opening)

I did not arrange Luggage Service

I received an e-mail from Cunard about a month ago on the subject "Cunard's White Star Luggage Service". It contained a pdf attachment named "European_Ports_of_Embarkation_and_Disembarkation.pdf". This attachment is basically a brochure advertising the White Star Luggage Service. It contains charts detailing the costs of the service based on your country, the weight of each piece, and whether you wish to ship luggage prior to embarkation or after disembarkation.

Regards.

John.

did you receive a follow-up email saying to disregard the prior email? If not, then yours may have been a legitimate email about their luggage service. If you received both, the first one was a spreadsheet listing the first name, last name, booking number, email address, and I believe some other number that I had no idea what it was (was not a passport number).

Archived