Requesting a matress pad

Nickymjw1

can i request a matress pad pre-cruise. I have major back issues and on our last Fantasy sailing the matress was rock hard and very painful (to me, DH Thought it was fine). I asked for a matress pad but the stewart said they. Didn't have any.

On NCL they always brought me one when requested. I wonder if I can request it in advance through guest services or something.

I am actually thinking of bringing an air matress or something. Last April I ended up putting the extra comforter under the sheet but it did not give much couchening and I still didn't sleep good.

Yes you can, send an email here specialneeds@carnival.com . I requested an egg crate type in June 2011 on Splendor and was informed they no longer have those on the ship. They actually added another regular mattress on top of the existing one...it was really comfortable. It was that way when we got to our cabin. I've done the same for my next cruise.

Yes you can, send an email here specialneeds@carnival.com . I requested an egg crate type in June 2011 on Splendor and was informed they no longer have those on the ship. They actually added another regular mattress on top of the existing one...it was really comfortable. It was that way when we got to our cabin. I've done the same for my next cruise.

Ahh, I am definitely going to do this.

Thanks.

For the last several cruises the beds have been painfully hard and uncomfortable enough to keep me from sleeping.

Last august the steward said that sometimes they have an egg crate available and sometimes they don't.

How far in advance would this need to be done?

can i request a matress pad pre-cruise. I have major back issues and on our last Fantasy sailing the matress was rock hard and very painful (to me, DH Thought it was fine). I asked for a matress pad but the stewart said they. Didn't have any.

On NCL they always brought me one when requested. I wonder if I can request it in advance through guest services or something.

I am actually thinking of bringing an air matress or something. Last April I ended up putting the extra comforter under the sheet but it did not give much couchening and I still didn't sleep good.

Glad you ask! I would like to know too. Last cruise on Carnival (July) I felt like I was sleeping on a cement floor.

Absolutely! I always request the foam, egg crate mattress for every cruise, from every cruise line. You can send an e-mail to special services giving them your name, sail date, name of ship, etc. Or you can ask your cabin steward on the first day. I would request it before hand to make sure they don't run out.

Well I received my reply. No matress pad :-(

"Carnival Cruise Lines is dedicated to offering a quality cruising experience for our guests with special requirements. Our ships provide excellent service and a variety of accessibility features to make your voyage an exciting, relaxing and a memorable one.

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We unfortunately cannot provide egg crate mattresses onboard our ships. We can however request additional bedding or pillows.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Fun Ships of Carnival Cruise Lines. "

This is what they sent me back

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately we do not carry mattress pads or egg crates onboard, however, you are free to bring one with you.

Sincerely,

Jacqueline Johnson

Guest Access Sailing Support

yours is funny (in a sad way). Duh, I know I can bring my own. It's not like we try to smuggle an egg crate on board. Lol.

Well I guess I am going to see what I can find at Walmart. If not I am getting one of those camping ones I saw on Amazon.

yours is funny (in a sad way). Duh, I know I can bring my own. It's not like we try to smuggle an egg crate on board. Lol.

Well I guess I am going to see what I can find at Walmart. If not I am getting one of those camping ones I saw on Amazon.

We just bought one at Walmart for less than $15. I would hate to have to lug it on a cruise, though -it takes up a lot of space. We got it for trips to our favorite state park where we rent a cabin once a year or so. Love the place, but I'm pretty sure the beds are made of concrete. :p

Therma rest Neo air matress. http://www.amazon.com/Therm-A-Rest-NEOAIRMATTRESS-Therm-a-Rest-NeoAir-Mattress/dp/B001QWFDD0/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_t_3

Fold to size of 1 liter coke bottle and self inflates. I am thinking about bringing something like this.

We love ours when we camp.

We just bought one at Walmart for less than $15. I would hate to have to lug it on a cruise, though -it takes up a lot of space. We got it for trips to our favorite state park where we rent a cabin once a year or so. Love the place, but I'm pretty sure the beds are made of concrete. :p

Just sent the kid to college (YEAH!)

Put her eggcrate into a Space Bag. It compressed into a panel barely thicker than the space bag itself. Would have no problem packing it into a suitcase.

We love ours when we camp.

Just sent the kid to college (YEAH!)

Put her eggcrate into a Space Bag. It compressed into a panel barely thicker than the space bag itself. Would have no problem packing it into a suitcase.

Oooh, I didn't think of that! Going to have to get out my giant size travel one that you don't need the vacuum for. Thanks!:)

If you ask your room steward on the first day to put a mattress pad or egg crate on your bed they will. YOU JUST HAVE TO ASK ;) :)

I always ask 1st thing and got one, but this last sailing on the Fantasy he said they didn't have any. He was a great room stewart so I think he would have gotten it if they did have one. Maybe he just wasn't aware they do.

I just don't want to take a chance for our upcoming cruise. i really didn't sleep good for the 1st time on a cruise and I was walking around like a zombie towards the end.

I requested one for our upcoming cruise and was told by a Ms. Johnson with Carnival that they do not provide mattress pads. She said I should bring my own! We usually cruise with NCL and when asked they always put one on the beds. Maybe this no mattress policy is new to Carnival. Everyone I've talked with about the Triumph says the beds are horrible so I guess I'll have to bring one along.

Archived