DOD's

So, I know this has probably been asked and can probably be found somewhere among the boards, but I just haven't had much luck finding anything pertaining to this over the past few days.

We are sailing out on the Freedom this Sunday and my question is this...

Can you purchase the DOD (Drink of the Day) without the souvenier glass for a reduced price? The main reason I ask is that I don't need to have 10 souvenier glasses by the end of the week (if not more) and I know that on other lines you can request the DOD without the souvenier glass.

So, I know this has probably been asked and can probably be found somewhere among the boards, but I just haven't had much luck finding anything pertaining to this over the past few days.

We are sailing out on the Freedom this Sunday and my question is this...

Can you purchase the DOD (Drink of the Day) without the souvenier glass for a reduced price? The main reason I ask is that I don't need to have 10 souvenier glasses by the end of the week (if not more) and I know that on other lines you can request the DOD without the souvenier glass.

You can get it without the glass, but they don't reduce the price any longer. I prefer it in a regular glass as the tall plastic souvenir glasses are too easy to knock over. I just ask for the keepsake on the side.

You can get it without the glass, but they don't reduce the price any longer. I prefer it in a regular glass as the tall plastic souvenir glasses are too easy to knock over. I just ask for the keepsake on the side.

This has been my experience as well...they no longer reduce the price if you just want it in a regular glass...their reason being..it's already "on sale" as the drink of the day...

This has been my experience as well...they no longer reduce the price if you just want it in a regular glass...their reason being..it's already "on sale" as the drink of the day...

This has been my experience as of late as well.

I'm a little confused. :confused: There has been much discussion regarding this on the Premium Alcohol Package thread and the thought seems to be those that buy the pacakage can order the DOD, but not in the souvenir glass??

So if that info is correct, then seems to me like there would be a reduced price for the DOD in a regular glass???

I'm a little confused. :confused: There has been much discussion regarding this on the Premium Alcohol Package thread and the thought seems to be those that buy the pacakage can order the DOD, but not in the souvenir glass??

So if that info is correct, then seems to me like there would be a reduced price for the DOD in a regular glass???

I would think the same thing. I don't understand why they wouldn't reduce the price, even if just to $6.00 instead of the $6.75. I know that on other lines it is a $1 less. Hmm, weird.

I just don't want a ton of glasses.

Strange, I always thought they would charge you more if you wanted the souvenir glass. I guess I'd better pay attention next time.:eek:

The compasses used to list the DotD as being $6.20 + $2.75 for the souvenir glass. Now it's just $6.75 flat, but no discount for a regular glass (and frankly, given how flimsy those glasses are, it probably costs them just as much to wash a regular glass as it does to give you a plastic one).

Archived