Cost

Presto2

Hi,

We have just seen an advert re Viking Ocean Cruising on the t.v. (had never heard of it before) and checked out the website. This led us to this amazing clip http://www.vrcdigitalpubs.co.uk/uk-oceans/ifc-1.html

We are totally blown away, but have a feeling that it is not cheap.

If you compare Viking with say Celebrity, Regent, Oceania or Seabourn where about is Viking re cost.

I hope this makes sense.

It just looks too perfect to be true, but don't want to pursue it any further if we need a 2nd mortgage to pay for it :)

Thank you

Viking Oceans will include tours in every port -- see descriptions on their website -- as well as wine with lunch and dinner. Also, the cost of Viking's air is lower than we could have booked for ourselves and I believe that means we get airport transfers. Am not sure about free WIFI being included like it is on their river cruises?

Marsha

do they include all tours or just one & the others are for a fee??

Lyn

Hi Lyn: A tour of some sort (usually highlights) is offered in every port. For those who have been to these ports before, optional excursions are offered at an additional cost. We plan to take most of the included tours but will take optionals in some locations. Some of the included tours are quite interesting and unusual. Details are all spelled out on the website. Marsha

Edited by loum140

Hi Lyn: A tour of some sort (usually highlights) is offered in every port. For those who have been to these ports before, optional excursions are offered at an additional cost. We plan to take most of the included tours but will take optionals in some locations. Some of the included tours are quite interesting and unusual. Details are all spelled out on the website. Marsha

Thanks Marsha

I am waiting for your review next year before I book ;)

We have the crossing booked on O for 2015

Lyn

Hi,

We have just seen an advert re Viking Ocean Cruising on the t.v. (had never heard of it before) and checked out the website. This led us to this amazing clip http://www.vrcdigitalpubs.co.uk/uk-oceans/ifc-1.html

We are totally blown away, but have a feeling that it is not cheap.

If you compare Viking with say Celebrity, Regent, Oceania or Seabourn where about is Viking re cost.

I hope this makes sense.

It just looks too perfect to be true, but don't want to pursue it any further if we need a 2nd mortgage to pay for it :)

Thank you

We booked with Viking when they first announced they were building the new ship. Our cruise is not until September, 2015. I would say it is definitely less expensive than Regent and Seabourn and probably similarly priced with Oceania and maybe a bit more than Celebrity. My email is below and I would be happy to answer some of your other questions about what is included and what is not, comparing the different lines, etc

We booked with Viking when they first announced they were building the new ship. Our cruise is not until September, 2015. I would say it is definitely less expensive than Regent and Seabourn and probably similarly priced with Oceania and maybe a bit more than Celebrity. My email is below and I would be happy to answer some of your other questions about what is included and what is not, comparing the different lines, etc

Many thanks - we have received our brochure today and have noticed it is more expensive than Celebrity, but we know that there are lots of added extras. May well call on your kind offer to contact you :)

We sailed Azamara, when wine with lunch and dinner was included. Then they became fully inclusive and raised prices. I think that Viking is priced to fit into the void created when Azamara priced in liquor, whether you wanted it or not.