Crab shack on Island

augies

[ATTACH]319362[/ATTACH]

Is there a crab shack on the Island?

Thanks

I searched online & found a Princess Facebook page that said the Crab Shack is available on the Island Princess.

"Have you heard about the new "Crab Shack" menu offering on the Royal, Star, Grand and Island Princess. Cost is $20 per person.".

Crab Shack – Seafood lovers will have a full crab shack experience, complete with mallets, bibs and buckets. Diners can enjoy crawfish in a Bayou-style “Mud Bug” boil, spiced peel and eat shrimp, or a mixed steamer pot filled with snow crab, jumbo shrimp, clams, and mussels. Cover charge: $20

Edited by Astro Flyer

It was on the Island Princess in January, 2014. They presell it during the day on the cruise ship. You can't miss the advertising and staff pre selling the dinner. We did not attend but others said it was excellent. Enjoy!

It was on the Island Princess in January, 2014. They presell it during the day on the cruise ship. You can't miss the advertising and staff pre selling the dinner. We did not attend but others said it was excellent. Enjoy!

Sounds great!

[ATTACH]319362[/ATTACH]

I searched online & found a Princess Facebook page that said the Crab Shack is available on the Island Princess.

"Have you heard about the new "Crab Shack" menu offering on the Royal, Star, Grand and Island Princess. Cost is $20 per person.".

Crab Shack – Seafood lovers will have a full crab shack experience, complete with mallets, bibs and buckets. Diners can enjoy crawfish in a Bayou-style “Mud Bug” boil, spiced peel and eat shrimp, or a mixed steamer pot filled with snow crab, jumbo shrimp, clams, and mussels. Cover charge: $20

Thanks for taking the time to research this. We are so excited to be on the Island to the Panama Canal in 12/2014. We haven't cruised for 2 years. Can't wait to try the crab shack. We're also going to try the UBD. Just have to pick the right night!

We will be on the Coral in Aug. Anyone know if the Crab Shack is available !?? We did it on the Star last Nov and remember it being very good and very filling! Too much food really and lots of waste just from us!!

We disembarked the Island on 4/1/14, and really enjoyed our meal at the Crab Shack. It's set up in the back part of the Horizon Court. The King Crab was excellent. Here are some pictures:

Thanks Davalynn...I keep reading positive reviews and guess we'll have to try it on our next cruise. :)

I think you guys should jump on the 3-day Island cruise with us in September and we could eat there together.:cool:

The airfare will keep us from joining you plus having to pay for other cruises already booked. Your cruise has odd pricing...insides cost more than balconies and oceanviews cost more than mini-suites. :eek:

Edited by Astro Flyer

The airfare will keep us from joining you plus having to pay for other cruises already booked. Your cruise has odd pricing...insides cost more than balconies and oceanviews cost more than mini-suites. :eek:

LOL, I think it has something to do with the ship selling out for the LA to Fort Lauderdale portion, but not for the Vancouver to LA segment. We in a balcony for this one.:D It will probably be a pretty empty ship.

We will be on the Coral in Aug. Anyone know if the Crab Shack is available !?? We did it on the Star last Nov and remember it being very good and very filling! Too much food really and lots of waste just from us!!

Here is a link to the review I did of the Crab Shack on the Coral from our Alaska cruise in May. I don't know if it will be the same in Aug.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2053637