Free Parking near White Bay

Tomo72

Why not park at the airport and get a train to the quay

Three day parking at Sydney airport? - you ever parked there? - you could afford another cruise for what they charge :D

Anyway even if they got a train to Circular Quay they'd still need to catch around to White Bay

Depending where they live a taxi to White Bay from home might be the most cost effective

Three day parking at Sydney airport? - you ever parked there? - you could afford another cruise for what they charge :D

Anyway even if they got a train to Circular Quay they'd still need to catch around to White Bay

Depending where they live a taxi to White Bay from home might be the most cost effective

Sydney Airport parking is not expensive if you prebook on line. They always have specials running and 4 days would cost about $50-60. Just catch a cab from Syd Airport to White Bay.

Anyway IMO 3 day cruises are way overpriced.

I suppose it depends on a lot of factors, but he is in Sydney after all.D

And Sydney is BIG. :D

Lots of places don't have a train service, or it may not be viable for a number of reasons.

And a cab from say Windsor, or Campbelltown or some other places may still rival the cost of the 3 day cruise! :D

Hmmm I've parked there on a couple of occasions on a 3 days weekend (cost $99, and the other was a 14 day park for under $200 they are doing a 3 day cruise so I don't think a $99 is the price of another cruise but I could be wrong[emoji41]

I don't think a $99 is the price of another cruise but I could be wrong[emoji41]

My comment was tongue in cheek - hence the :D - the point being for someone looking for free parking near White Bay the option to pay and park at the airport seemed OTT

Edited by Bodogbodog

Thanks for the suggestions.

We live in the Blue Mountains so a taxi is not a viable option.

We have decided to take the train to Central then a taxi.

Yes 3 day cruises arent as cheap as some cruise deal you find at times but this is for a birthday celebration. $200 obc sweetened the deal a little.

We have decided to take the train to Central then a taxi

Sounds like a good plan - enjoy the cruise

I don't think there's any station that would be much closer to reduce the taxi fare on that line is there?

And Sydney is BIG. :D

Lots of places don't have a train service, or it may not be viable for a number of reasons.

And a cab from say Windsor, or Campbelltown or some other places may still rival the cost of the 3 day cruise! :D

Last time I was in Sydney both Windsor and Campbelltown had a train service that ran almost on time.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Thanks for the suggestions.

We have decided to take the train to Central then a taxi.

Yes 3 day cruises arent as cheap as some cruise deal you find at times but this is for a birthday celebration. $200 obc sweetened the deal a little.

I think that is the easiest option, they will have shuttles from central to the ship but if there is two or more a taxi is quicker,easier and unless traffic is blocked, cheaper. enjoy your cruise.:D

Last time I was in Sydney both Windsor and Campbelltown had a train service that ran almost on time.:D

I said lots of places don't have a train service, not that Windsor or Campbelltown don't.

I then referred to Windsor and Campbelltown about the cab cost. The poster confirmed their location was a similar long way away, and so would be a very high cost, so not viable. :D

Sounds like a good plan - enjoy the cruise

I don't think there's any station that would be much closer to reduce the taxi fare on that line is there?

Blue Mtns trains are nice, no need to change. Central is the closest stop, and relatively convenient for a taxi to White Bay. A taxi will probably take 15 minutes depending on traffic at that time.