S1 on Reflection….

chill6x6

Hi!

QUESTION:

Is there any real difference between S1 cabins 7358 and 6306? Also… Are these good cabins?? Any shortcomings?

My vacation got changed around so we are going to have to make a change to the November cruise…

THANKS!

Same cabin. 7358 is on a higher deck with the Hideaway on the deck (free coffee and a cool place to hang). There is always a support pole in these corner aft S1 cabins. Would assume the pole is in the same place in each of the cabins, but don't know for sure. I would take 7358 bc higher deck and The Hideaway, but cabin itself will be the same. Have fun. It's a great suite. If you want to save some money, S2 1669 is a fantastic suite with no support pole. Not a corner so balcony smaller, but much more closet space. Just a thought.

Both are great. We love the S1 cabins. Preferably the penthouse deck which is high up but not the highest one right under the public deck above, but I'd sail in that one if it was the only one available.

That pole? No issues, you won't notice it after a few minutes. It's just there, it's part of the structure of the ship and appears to be just some of the architecture in the room.

If you're ever in an S1 that has the window washing equipment outside, no worries there, either. It's way over in the corner of the wrap around portion of the deck and really only "obstructs" your view straight down. Into someone else's balcony. And during the day it's not even there many days as it's working.

Have fun!

I cannot find a cabin #6307 on Reflection deck plans. Maybe I am wrong, but could this be on another ship. I know of no aft S1 corner suite that has a balcony of that small size. All of the balconies are huge and the same size to my knowledge. Maybe someone with more experience can help, but I question this photo and what ship it is on...and is it even a suite? Plus, it is not the same cabin the OP is looking at anyway.

Both are great. We love the S1 cabins. Preferably the penthouse deck which is high up but not the highest one right under the public deck above, but I'd sail in that one if it was the only one available.

That pole? No issues, you won't notice it after a few minutes. It's just there, it's part of the structure of the ship and appears to be just some of the architecture in the room.

If you're ever in an S1 that has the window washing equipment outside, no worries there, either. It's way over in the corner of the wrap around portion of the deck and really only "obstructs" your view straight down. Into someone else's balcony. And during the day it's not even there many days as it's working.

Have fun!

Ditto! These are our favourites! Hubby prefers them to CS!

I cannot find a cabin #6307 on Reflection deck plans. Maybe I am wrong, but could this be on another ship. I know of no aft S1 corner suite that has a balcony of that small size. All of the balconies are huge and the same size to my knowledge. Maybe someone with more experience can help, but I question this photo and what ship it is on...and is it even a suite? Plus, it is not the same cabin the OP is looking at anyway.

Jenni, the photo is correct. The rear of the Reflection is different to the earlier boats, and Deck 6 aft balconies run right to the edge of the blue roof of the Tuscan Grill below. On the earlier boats, there was quite a bit more of the roof beyond the handrails. So the two corner balconies on Deck 6 are greatly reduced :(

Note to self......... Avoid !!!

I've been on an S1 on Reflection, and unless you have some burning desire to view the wake, I think the recently converted Aqua Class Suites to S1's are a much better deal. There are several right on the Hump, a convenient location on the ship. They have the Hansgrohe shower panel that comes along with Aqua Class vs. the regular suite stationary rain shower head. Additionally, they have more closet and drawer space than the S1's back aft.

I've been on an S1 on Reflection, and unless you have some burning desire to view the wake, I think the recently converted Aqua Class Suites to S1's are a much better deal. There are several right on the Hump, a convenient location on the ship. They have the Hansgrohe shower panel that comes along with Aqua Class vs. the regular suite stationary rain shower head. Additionally, they have more closet and drawer space than the S1's back aft.

I am one of those that really DOES enjoy an aft-facing cabin...

I wonder if those corner S1s on deck 7 would be ANY better??? That's what's available...6306, 6307, 7309, and 7358. :eek:

Deck 7 definitely, you get the full sized S1 balcony, that wraps round the side giving you a 270 degree view, also it's that bit higher and that adds to the view :)

We had a S1 aft on Deck 8 of the Solstice and it was fabulous.

Edited by hillsprint

Although the Reflection is slightly different (with the location of the window washing equipment), we have been in 1688 on the Silhouette. This is my preferred spot - high up, but not under the overhang created by the Sunset Bar. You notice the pole by the bed when you first enter the room but never after that. I was with my daughter in the cabin below that on Reflection and someone asked her about the pole and her response was 'What pole?'. On returning to the cabin she could not believe that it was really there (on her side of the bed too -lol).

The only drawback is that it is a long walk from the midship elevators to the very back corner - but we just think of it as exercise (we take the stairs a lot too).

Some people comment on the lack(?) of closet space in the aft S1's. I am NOT by any means a light packer and we have spent 14 nights in an aft S1 and had NO issue with space (for 7 nights - I bring a different outfit for each evening - for 14 I wore the same a couple of nights...).

We absolutely LOVE being server breakfast on our balcony each morning. On our last trip (prior to Luminae), my brother and his wife had the connecting C1. There was plenty of balcony space for the 4 of us to have breakfast on the balcony in the mornings.

We are actually in 1666 which is the same location on Eclipse next January for 14 nights and I can't wait....

Enjoy being spoiled!

That's what we've booked for our first Reflection cruise in December. Need to be more forward with proximity to elevator for several reasons. I can take or leave the wake view. It's all good. But looking forward to the Hump.

Hi Wine-O!

This is great advice, I like this tip! I am hoping we can sail in sky suite soon (just got to get rid of the kids :D) love the idea of the shower, and the location for me, as it is nearer to the gym, for early morning workout. I have made a note thanks!

I responded to your question on another thread. I would chose one of the S1's on the Hump area - previously the Aqua Class Suites, over this stateroom.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47257659#post47257659

I would agree. You also get the multi jet shower. Stayed in one earlier this year and found the layout much better (for us) than the aft suites although I have 3 aft ones booked over the next 2 years on ships that do not have the extra deck.

Am I going crazy? Why do I recall the hansgrohe (sp?) showerhead in regualr S1 and even S2 cabins. I might be losing it but I could swear we had the same showers as aqua suites have. I know for sure we had the rain showerhead in the ceiling of the shower. And I also remember levers that turned on more that just one showerhead.

Anyone?

Am I going crazy? Why do I recall the hansgrohe (sp?) showerhead in regualr S1 and even S2 cabins. I might be losing it but I could swear we had the same showers as aqua suites have. I know for sure we had the rain showerhead in the ceiling of the shower. And I also remember levers that turned on more that just one showerhead.

Anyone?

You had the rain showerhead and a hand wand.