Best use for "Viking Star" Commemorative Coins?

OBX Cruisers

Arrived home Monday late from our July 25 disastrous cruise on the "Star" which only made it from Stockholm to Tallinn. Waiting in the mail was a small box with a limited edition "coin" commemorating the "Viking Star's" 2015 Christening. Almost as laughable as the flyer which was put in our cabin on the night the Captain announced we would no longer be continuing to Bergen. The flyer invited us to the Explorer's Desk to learn about future cruises that might interest us. Sounds like Viking owners "just don't get it."

Trying to decide what we can possibly do with this new coin and the other 2 we received - "Keel Laying 2013" and "Sea Trials 2015" (what a joke). Ebay anyone? After all, they are "limited editions."

Arrived home Monday late from our July 25 disastrous cruise on the "Star" which only made it from Stockholm to Tallinn. Waiting in the mail was a small box with a limited edition "coin" commemorating the "Viking Star's" 2015 Christening. Almost as laughable as the flyer which was put in our cabin on the night the Captain announced we would no longer be continuing to Bergen. The flyer invited us to the Explorer's Desk to learn about future cruises that might interest us. Sounds like Viking owners "just don't get it."

Trying to decide what we can possibly do with this new coin and the other 2 we received - "Keel Laying 2013" and "Sea Trials 2015" (what a joke). Ebay anyone? After all, they are "limited editions."

I'm bummed. We were 50 day maiden voyage cruisers and got only the keel coin so far. My sister and her husband who did the Barcelona - Stockholm legs have gotten all three.

Edited by algaes

I'd gladly trade my coins for more reimbursement of our expenses associated with our cruise from Stockholm to Tallinn. Just got an email from Viking Customer Relations asking me to complete a satisfaction survey. Surely they jest.

:rolleyes:

I have all three and I don't sail until September 3rd..I hope????

Thats three more coins that the UK customers have received. Unless I start to see them appear on auction sites I don't think I will worry too much about missing out.

Neil

What a shame they just don't get it! I'll always remember several years ago when an Oceania passenger posted that she had been bumped from an overbooked ship with just 2 weeks til cruise. She was livid but luckily found a cabin on Celebrity for a similar itinerary. The CruiseCritic chatter built to over 100 posts very quickly. Frank DelRio, "top dog" at Oceania, himself responded. Evidently her TA was supposed to offer her the option to be moved to a later cruise for a substantial upgrade but she was never told it was an option. Del Rio said they wanted her back on Oceania and would upgrade her to a suite plus shipboard credits etc. They also refunded the money she paid for the Celebrity cruise! The posts were eventually removed from CC but not before winning many fans for Oceania. Also showed positive power of Cruise Critic!

• 2 weeks later...

Since we didn't buy ANY souvenirs at all, I thought it was a nice trinket - very nicely packaged in black velvet box, lined with white satin. I am keeping it :-)

I'd gladly trade my coins for more reimbursement of our expenses associated with our cruise from Stockholm to Tallinn. Just got an email from Viking Customer Relations asking me to complete a satisfaction survey. Surely they jest.

:rolleyes:

Same here. I tossed all of them.