Car rental Port everglades

melinda0222

Can anyone verify that the following are the only car rental places that have a shuttle to port everglades.

Hertz, Avis, Alamo, Sixt.

We are needing to rent a car at Miami airport and then return to port to board our ship, Independence of the Seas. We are arriving 2 days before we leave so renting a car seemed like the best idea.

If anyone can verify that these are the only 4 car rental I have to choose from, this would be helpful in booking.

Thank you

I was under the impression that only Dollar had a shuttle in Ft. Lauderdale :confused: Dollar is who we booked with and would love to compare prices if someone else indeed picks up at the port. All I could find was offsite locations for other car rental agencies.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Edited by CruisinDawn

I was under the impression that only Dollar had a shuttle in Ft. Lauderdale :confused: Dollar is who we booked with and would love to compare prices if someone else indeed picks up at the port. All I could find was offsite locations for other car rental agencies.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I can verify that Hertz does as I took it last January when we got off NCL Getaway.

Thrifty does. I have used it in the past and will use again for my upcoming cruise.

We pick up from the Port Everglades location, where there is an additional $3.95 port fee. We drop off at the airport location.

Edited by cyntil8ing

I typically use Hotwire for booking car rentals but I can't get port everglades to come up in their system for a return. I just tried sixt site and it doesn't show port everglades as a return location (says the closest is Hollywood at 9km). Is there some other name for the port rental area? I'm trying to rent a car for my pre-cruise stay and then just drive it to the port on the day we sail and drop it off. I can cab to the airport after the cruise. Any thoughts or advise is appreciated.

I typically use Hotwire for booking car rentals but I can't get port everglades to come up in their system for a return. I just tried sixt site and it doesn't show port everglades as a return location (says the closest is Hollywood at 9km). Is there some other name for the port rental area? I'm trying to rent a car for my pre-cruise stay and then just drive it to the port on the day we sail and drop it off. I can cab to the airport after the cruise. Any thoughts or advise is appreciated.

I found if you put in Fort Lauderdale city several locations come up and then you choose the one that says port Everglades.

I found if you put in Fort Lauderdale city several locations come up and then you choose the one that says port Everglades.

I just tried that and it just ends up putting FLL airport the pickup and the return location. Hmm...

Just confirming for my own sanity.... Hertz has a shuttle that will pick you up at the port and take you to get the car upon disembarkation? Anyone know how close the hertz airport location is to the airport?

Not more than 10 minutes from the airport.

The shuttle service that the car rental agencies provide, is it free or an additional charge?

We used Avis on 17th St. They may have built in an extra charge into the rental fee, but there was no extra line item for shuttle usage.

I pre paid a rental from Sixt, we are picking it up from MIA and going to return it to Fort Lauderdale Port everglades location. Its on 6th Ave close to the port. They have a shuttle to the port.