Question about communication

jennraycruise

I have searched Carnival's website and am unable to find out how someone could reach me in the event of a true emergency! Can anyone point me to this information? I am sailing on the Victory next week and leaving kids at home and want to provide information for my husband who will be staying with the kids.

If there is an emergency they can call 888-carnival and Carnival will contact the ship for them. Be sure to leave your booking number, the ship's name, date of the cruise and your full names as booked with close relatives and/or friends.

thank you kindly. I appreciate this.

Shore-to-Ship Communication – Emergency Contact Number

We do not offer a direct dialing service to our ships. The following number is to be used as an emergency contact number for family members not traveling with our guests. In the event of a true emergency, family may contact our call center at 1-800-227-6482 on a 24/7 basis. Our team will take down the caller's name and contact information and pass it on to our Guest Services team onboard so they can extend the guest a complimentary phone call.

Call any number you are told might work before you sail. A few cruises ago I had some things going on at home and wanted to make sure we could be reached. I got all sorts of information, including off Carnival www, site.

Being type A, I called the numbers before we left just to make sure. Some were disconnected and some no longer offered direct dial to the ship.

We just returned from the Magic and I bought the unlimited internet, which worked fairly good with my IPhone to text onboard and back to home. I tried once to FaceTime back home but it wouldn't connect. I didn't buy the most expensive WiFi package, but the mid-range at $65 for the week for one device at a time. Not sure if the top priced package would work better for FT.

Make sure that the caller has your official name, the name Carnival has you registered as/ the name on your Sail and Sign card. We have friends who could not be found on the ship as both the husband and wife went by their middle names back home. The ship did not have either of them on the ship as the caller did not give their official names.