Reflection in Kusadasi today

oldtownjns

Hello everyone,

I promised to post from Kusadasi when I returned to the ship so here I am.

My family did the Highlights of Ephesus tour through Celebrity which first went to the House of the Virgin Mary and then to the ruins in Ephesus. The tour was scheduled at 4.5 hours but was really more like 5.5 as we also went to a gladiator dance show (at a center where RCCL and Celebrity have a contracted show, and then had a carpet weaving exhibition. The tour was very well run and the guide, Ertan, was terrific.

I did not feel unsafe at anytime. Please do not be afraid to get off the ship in Turkey.

Any questions, please ask.

Hello everyone,

I promised to post from Kusadasi when I returned to the ship so here I am.

My family did the Highlights of Ephesus tour through Celebrity which first went to the House of the Virgin Mary and then to the ruins in Ephesus. The tour was scheduled at 4.5 hours but was really more like 5.5 as we also went to a gladiator dance show (at a center where RCCL and Celebrity have a contracted show, and then had a carpet weaving exhibition. The tour was very well run and the guide, Ertan, was terrific.

I did not feel unsafe at anytime. Please do not be afraid to get off the ship in Turkey.

Any questions, please ask.

Did you notice much in the way of increased security? Was Ephesus busy or did many stay on the Ship and or just venture to the Market? Thanks for your report!

There are military police stationed at the Virgin Mary house but that is nothing new. Both sites were very busy. There is a Thompson ship and a Celestyal ship here in port. Did see some of their guests as well as multiple Celebrity ships.

I don't think many people stayed on the ship. Our meeting time was 7:30 and there were groups at 7:45, 8:00, 8:15, etc.

Thank you for posting this, we're really looking forward to this port and tour next month. I honestly thought Celebrity would be dropping it on a cruise by cruise basis so it's good to see that we are still on schedule for a visit.

Interestingly, I did not see a stop at Kusadasi in 2017. I was interested in repeating a cruise that we took a few years ago from Rome that included the Greek Islands, Kusadasi and Istanbul. I understand that Istanbul is no longer on any itinerary. But I was surprised not seeing Kusadasi.

Has anyone seen anything on Kusadasi for 2017?

Interestingly, I did not see a stop at Kusadasi in 2017. I was interested in repeating a cruise that we took a few years ago from Rome that included the Greek Islands, Kusadasi and Istanbul. I understand that Istanbul is no longer on any itinerary. But I was surprised not seeing Kusadasi.

Has anyone seen anything on Kusadasi for 2017?

It's my understanding that they've removed all Turkish ports from the 2017 itineraries.

That's great to hear! Thanks for posting. We will be on her next week, so happy to hear that all went well.

Next week for us too I fact leave in 4 days exciting times ahead [emoji274][emoji274][emoji274][emoji484][emoji484][emoji484][emoji925][emoji925][emoji925]

Thanks for the info. We shall now look forward to getting off and enjoying some shopping time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After reading through many posts "Trip Advisor Kusadasi Market" I was taken aback by the number with Credit Card issues when they got back home. You need to go back a few pages to find them among the 400 plus posts which by the way had over 60% in the average, poor, terrible categories. Should we decide to go, it will be with cash.

The excursion guide talked about this too. He said vendors were notorious about double charging, but he pointed out reputable stores at each stop, where he said it would be safe to use a credit card (there were not many[emoji15])