Cunard Air - when to panic?

abefroman329

Made our Air reservations yesterday, had our AAdvantage numbers added to the reservation, it shows up in my AAdvantage account, but still says Ticket Pending and that my travel agent or I need to call to purchase the ticket. When do I need to start panicking that it hasn't been ticketed yet? My biggest rush right now is that it appears we can't select seats on the plane till the Rez is ticketed.

Thanks!

Made our Air reservations yesterday, had our AAdvantage numbers added to the reservation, it shows up in my AAdvantage account, but still says Ticket Pending and that my travel agent or I need to call to purchase the ticket. When do I need to start panicking that it hasn't been ticketed yet? My biggest rush right now is that it appears we can't select seats on the plane till the Rez is ticketed.

Thanks!

Hi Abe.

Interesting.

I booked a cruise out of Los Angeles yesterday with flights with AA numbers.

I logged onto the AA site this morning and saw the same message as you but was so pleased to see that two of the flights, H'row to Las Vegas and LA back to London were actually with BA (Code Share I understand).

Now here is the difference with you. The Las Vegas to LA flight, AA 156, allowed me to book the seats without charge.

And just to keep this within Cunard, the pre-cruise night in LA includes a stay on Queen Mary, so I'm returning...

11775092344_f0972c400b_z.jpg

Hi Abe.

Interesting.

I booked a cruise out of Los Angeles yesterday with flights with AA numbers.

I logged onto the AA site this morning and saw the same message as you but was so pleased to see that two of the flights, H'row to Las Vegas and LA back to London were actually with BA (Code Share I understand).

Now here is the difference with you. The Las Vegas to LA flight, AA 156, allowed me to book the seats without charge.

And just to keep this within Cunard, the pre-cruise night in LA includes a stay on Queen Mary, so I'm returning...

11775092344_f0972c400b_z.jpg

That is interesting - AA won't even give me an option to select seats. You should be able to book seats on the BA segments through ba.com, but you may have to pay for them.

And I'm not sure the last time you flew BA, but having flown BA in November, "pleased" is not the word I personally would use.

Abe:

I just checked mine also. This is for the World Cruise so I have a little bit of wiggle room.

My AA flight stated: "Please call to book your trip" as well. Both of my flights have my seat selections showing.

My return on Virgin Atlantic shows as the ticket is mine. (basically)

We are flying First Class round trip so we were given our seats immediately.

I will be calling Cunard air first thing in the morning .

I hope that you get this figured out.

Please let us know.

Evana

Abe:

I just checked mine also. This is for the World Cruise so I have a little bit of wiggle room.

My AA flight stated: "Please call to book your trip" as well. Both of my flights have my seat selections showing.

Please let us know.

Evana

If you've booked First on a round trip, check with your agent as Virgin don't have a first class cabin, just Upperclass which although some liken it to a 'tween' class, I would err on the Business side.

Edited by Victoria2

Abe:

Please let us know.

Evana

Foolishly I told Cunard not to bother finding seats for us, I would just reserve them online.

I called American, who confirmed that I won't be able to reserve seats until the reservation is ticketed. Next up: Calling Cunard tomorrow to see if/when they're ticketing the reservation.

If you've booked First on a round trip, check with your agent as Virgin don't have a first class cabin, just Upperclass which although some liken it to a 'tween' class, I would err on the Business side.

Yes, I am aware that Virgin is Upper Class. We have First Class on AA and Upper class on Virgin. I know I will be happy with both. (as long as they are ticketed. ) ;)