Change to Oceana Fly/Med no Turkey

Presto2

Have just had an e-mail to inform us that due to security reasons we will not be stopping in Kusadasi on Oceana in April. I imagine that this will affect all P&O cruises due to stop in Turkey in the near future.

Our cruise is the 5th April,2018 and they are replacing Kusadasi and Heraklion for Rhodes and Souda Bay. Have to say that we are more than happy bunnies as we love Rhodes and can never get enough of the place. Will be in Crete on their Easter Sunday though, so I imagine that it will be pretty quiet.

Have just had an e-mail to inform us that due to security reasons we will not be stopping in Kusadasi on Oceana in April. I imagine that this will affect all P&O cruises due to stop in Turkey in the near future.

Our cruise is the 5th April,2018 and they are replacing Kusadasi and Heraklion for Rhodes and Souda Bay. Have to say that we are more than happy bunnies as we love Rhodes and can never get enough of the place. Will be in Crete on their Easter Sunday though, so I imagine that it will be pretty quiet.

Kusadasi was off cruise itineraries during 2017.

It is also showing Kusadasi in RC brochure for 2018 but when you check on line it has been removed so it looks like it is out of bounds for 2018 too.

Kusadasi was off cruise itineraries during 2017.

It is also showing Kusadasi in RC brochure for 2018 but when you check on line it has been removed so it looks like it is out of bounds for 2018 too.

We should have gone in 2016 and it was cancelled for Rhodes then.

Strange though, as travel agents are still selling holidays to Turkey (I think).

We should have gone in 2016 and it was cancelled for Rhodes then.

Strange though, as travel agents are still selling holidays to Turkey (I think).

It is but a big expensive cruise ship its a big risk in a dodgy area.

We used to like Kusadasi.

From Souda you'll be going to Chania; the easiest way is just to get the laid-on bus, or taxi, into the city then walk towards the harbour. If you don't know it, it is a beautiful old Venetian city, with a stunning harbour, ancient city walls, lighthouse etc. Many tiny little old alleys behind the harbour, full of renovated old houses. On Easter Sunday it will be busy, there will be many Cretans out eating traditional Easter lunch with whole barbequed lamb etc. A lovely day to be in Chania, even if the shops & museums aren't open.

In the light of a previous poster who says Heraklion in Crete on their itinerary has been replaced. We are on Oceana next September and I've just had a letter from my Cruise Agent who tells me that Kusadasi has been replaced with Heraklion. Maybe it's something to do with the geography - the distance on their cruise as they are now going to Rhodes. I'm very happy if we are going to Heraklion as we've never been to Crete but we have been to Kusadasi. The letter says that there are ongoing security concerns and taking advice from the relevant authorities P&O have cancelled their ports of call in Turkey. Very sensible.

We were also booking this cruise but have decided otherwise. Ephesus would be a big tick on our list of places to go. Rhodes is very pretty but have been before for 2 weeks. So back to the brochures and more planning.

Perhaps you ought to look at Thomson (Marella cruises) as well on Discovery 2 !! Superb itineraries out of Corfu from local airports, tips included and free all inclusive branded drinks! We've just booked! :)