Carnival WiFi Home Camera's ?

Utvol1982

Hello everyone ,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with the premium wifi on carnival ? I'd like to be able to check my home Camera's . I have a little dog and the back of the house has a doggie door that's fenced in so he will be able to come and go when we're not home. Someone will be by to check on him daily but there's times when it's cold he refused to push his way back into the house thru his doggie door. Not sure why maybe the doors to cold.

Since the weather here will be in the 20s next week and he's a small dog he could freeze in a matter of hours.

I'd like to be able to check on him when the cameras are triggered to know he's not having issues getting in.

The videos are very short streams . 30 secs to a minute. Likely I'll buy the package anyways but had anyone else tried checking home surveillance cameras thru the wifi ?

We have wifi accessible security cameras at home and was able to check on things ourselves most of the time. It was not ideal. Our cameras can pan but trying to get that to work remotely through ship internet didn't fly.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

• 2 weeks later...

Well for anyone cruising on Carnival Sunshine don't waste your money on the internet. I paid for the best internet they had and barely could load a web page. No chance of loading my home Camera's. Never came close to loading.

If you have the WiFi plan, you can also log on to the desktop computers in the “Internet cafe”. Those could give you a shot at a bit faster speeds.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Uh, no the wifi might be stronger but the system only puts out so many Mb's, usually less than your average smart phone

Uh, no the wifi might be stronger but the system only puts out so many Mb's, usually less than your average smart phone

The computers are connected by ethernet and aren't on the wifi network.

• 2 weeks later...
Well for anyone cruising on Carnival Sunshine don't waste your money on the internet. I paid for the best internet they had and barely could load a web page. No chance of loading my home Camera's. Never came close to loading.

Greetings from East TN [emoji41] Thank you for posting this. We sail on Sunshine in less than a week, and the only way my hubs can truly relax on any cruise is having our home cameras available 24/7 to check on our kitties and property. Our last 5 cruises have been with Celebrity and the ship WiFi worked fine, but I’ve heard mixed reviews about the WiFi on Sunshine. It’s time to start searching for WiFi spots while we are in port, or this cruise may not have a happy ending ..[emoji58] I know HMC won’t have WiFi since it’s their island, but Nassau and Freeport should have many options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have the WiFi plan, you can also log on to the desktop computers in the “Internet cafe”. Those could give you a shot at a bit faster speeds.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We can only monitor our home security cameras with a phone app, they aren’t accessible from a desktop computer.

Locate the WiFi routers in the ceilings. DH knew where they were on the Miracle. Had small issues when sailing to Hawaii, less on the Mexican Riviera.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums