Vision of the Seas versus Celebrity Summit?

We were on Summit a few weeks ago but normally sail RCCL, was impressed by ship , buffet was much better than RCCL ships , we had a small suite and suite perks were also better. always liked them giving you a glass of champagne when you board the ship nice way to start a cruise

For those who have been on both (I've been on neither; have been on RCL Radiance Class ships but NO Celebrity vessels), please compare.

Vision is similar to Radiance Class. I actually prefer it to Radiance class. Larger main pool area (no kiddie area), larger centrum (no glass elevators taking up centrum space), more visibility out of the Solarium.

Subscribing. Thanks for these responses. The two itineraries are similar. I have a slight preference for the Summit itinerary, which swaps Tortola for St. Thomas. We recently visited St. Thomas, but haven't been to Tortola for many years. That said, the Summit cruise would be more expensive. Still considering...

I've been on Vision last September.

I've been on Celebrity Xpedition, and Celebrity Equinox. Booked on "Millie" for December.

Booked the Vision just for the itinerary, taking into account that's an older ship, with very low expectations.

The ship was clean and well kept, but an omnipresent sewage smell marred our experience.

Moreover, the quality of food was lousy. I can understand that the ship is old, but the products are not (hopefully..).

Items were heated, and reheated, to the point that they were rock hard. Numerous complaints elicited only the weird response: "What's your room #"? WHAT? Repetitive. The only night we got "nice" food was the night spent in Quebec, when lots of travel agents came to visit....

Besides, the tender organization was poor - twice we couldn't get off the ship before noon, loosing almost all the port day. The standard reply, along with room #, was: "we didn't expect that so many people would like to get off......"

Go for the Summitt :D

printingchick -

Some of the Vision itineraries now include Tortola (and Punta Cana,DR).

We are booked for January 18, 2020.

We are also "scheduled" to be on Vision January 18th, 2020......

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

printingchick -

Some of the Vision itineraries now include Tortola (and Punta Cana,DR).

We are booked for January 18, 2020.

Interesting fact tucked away for future reference.

Currently in the same position. Our small group is leaning toward Summit. We were kind of disappointed with Jewel this year and haven't seen much about Vision to say "ohh let's do that one" Only thing is Vision would be a few hundred less than Summit.

Wonderful cruise to the Greek Isles on the Vision in September of 2016. Crew was marvelous. I ate with a friend in the Windjammer every night and the variety of food was very good. (I made the ship but my suitcase took a detour to Charlotte, NC and didn't get to Venice until three days after the ship left.) I had one of the fabulous deck 8 corner afts which would add to anyone's enjoyment.

My late husband and I took the Summit to Bermuda several years ago and did have a small suite that we enjoyed. Again, we ate only in the buffet so I can't comment on the dining room (DH had to dress for work every day so his idea of a vacation was keeping it informal). We found that the dinners there were very repetitive. We also had a bit of difficulty with the our instant "Elite Status" because since we had it, the crew thought we were in on Celebrity ways and we tripped up a couple of times because Royal ways aren't Celebrity ways. (Who would have thought that would be a problem?) The other weird thing was that the refrigerator was locked on the last night and this girl drinks diet coke in the morning to get her caffeine fix. A phone call got it opened for me. Anyway, we just weren't quite as happy on the Summit. We thought it was going to be a perfect fit because we are pretty quiet cruisers, but it seemed a little too quiet.

Hoping to return to Dominica in 2020, part of the inspiration for these two ships. Where the Dominica-inclusive Summit itinerary includes Tortola, Vision's includes St. Thomas. (Some of the Summit itineraries do likewise, I believe.) Both itineraries include Grenada (new to us). Leaning toward Summit at this point. I noticed on a tour site that Summit has outdoor dining at the Windjammer-equivalent, like Radiance class. That's a big deal to me.

We ended up choosing Summit, after comparing prices and the nickel & dimeing on RC it came out almost even.

Dominica is also the driver for our choice. We want to get back and see what we can do the help out our friend Levi.