Le Grand Bistro Scrapped for Le Petit Chef?

vtcruising

Tarwood (who got the call from X), said it is now called Le Petit Chef at Le Grand Bistro, so maybe it will still be a French Bistro for breakfast and lunch. :D

I will call Celebrity tonight and get the scoop since it affected a reservation.

So I have mixed feelings about this. Le Grand Bistro appeared to be a place for breakfast, lunch or a quick on the go snack. It gave an alternative option for breakfast and lunch, and I was excited about the menu. The concept seemed great because it was multi functional and not just a "dinner venue." While I cannot wait to try Le Petit Chef, I feel it will only be something we will do once, while Le Grand Bistro would have been something we would frequent given that we often miss breakfast and are only option is Oceanview. I hope Celebrity keeps the original concept for breakfast and lunch, while changing dinner exclusively to La Petit Chef. Guess we will have to wait and see. We are 175 days out from our B2b on 12/6 and 12/9, and our excitement is really starting grow!

Someone started a thread on the main board about Le Grand Bistro being replaced by Le Petit Chef. Not sure if no breakfast or lunch as was going to happen in Le Grand Bistro but sounds like they were told that it was completely replacing it.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2645273

I just got off the phone with X since I had just changed my reservation today from Le Grand Bistro ($25 PP) for dinner to Le Petit Chef ($55 PP) and others affected by this change were able to switch to Le Petit Chef for $25 PP (those who had already booked Le Grand Bistro and had to switch to LPC). They went through resolutions and got us a nice $60 refund! So anyone who already has a booking for Le Grand Bistro and wants to switch it to Le Petit Chef should call them and ask for the $25 PP deal.

I asked the Celebrity rep whether Le Grand Bistro would still be a French bistro during the day and she said that it was still planned to be a French bistro with breakfast and lunch. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Hopefully she is correct!

Hope it will be a nice lunch option...as a Bistro..it looked like a good menu.

. Eventually the Petite chef will wear out its fans as did Q sine...a one a done for many patrons,..With X .there's always the next best thing coming around the corner,

Still miss Bistro on 5...our former go to lunch spot,

They are making a change like this even before the ship is launched? I guess the LPC concept has really become popular. Also getting $55 instead of $25 pp for dinner in that space is a revenue generator.

Okay, I'm confused. Is this only on certain nights at Le Grand Bistro? We booked it for the first night of our cruise in January and I'm not so sure it will suit my hubby. Can anyone here confirm if it will be every night or some nights when the full schedule begins. OR is it only for the pre-inaugural cruises of 3/4 nights?

Just wondering.

Thanks.

Pat C

Okay, I'm confused. Is this only on certain nights at Le Grand Bistro? We booked it for the first night of our cruise in January and I'm not so sure it will suit my hubby. Can anyone here confirm if it will be every night or some nights when the full schedule begins. OR is it only for the pre-inaugural cruises of 3/4 nights?

Just wondering.

Thanks.

Pat C

They have changed all dinners in Le Grand Bistro to Le Petit Chef at 6 and 8. There will be no Le Grand Bistro dinners, They have called some people to let them know if they have Le Grand Bistro reservations, which you can cancel or switch to Le Petit Chef at the same cost ($25 pp when the actual cost for Le Petit Chef is $55). A good deal, if you are interested in trying it.

If they haven’t called you, you might want to give them a call.

Got a call from our friends who are also sailing with us and who booked Le Grande Bistro for the first night of January 13th. Got the call from Celebrity and I called Celebrity right back since she mentioned our names and he said he tried to reach us. Yes, we did book it for that night at 6, especially since that's a great way to try the new concept for so much less.

Cruise Critic has the best info and you know what is going on all the time. Thanks folks.

Hope everyone gets "the call" since it seems like a good deal, at least to try once. Did that with Qsine twice, did NOT like that at all. To each his own as they say!

Pat C

So, I got a response from Celebrity Dining about Le Petit Chef:

“Although Le Petit Chef is only available at dinner, Le Grand Bistro will still be available for breakfast and lunch services.

Also, Le Petit Chef will only be available to purchase with a dining package on sailings on the Celebrity Reflection and the Celebrity Infinity.”

So unfortunately we can’t use the dining packages on the Edge for Le Petit Chef.

Happy to hear from a more reliable source that they will still have breakfast and lunch options at Le Grand Bistro. :D

Cruising on X these days is definitely more a la carte than inclusive, with alot of planning and pre booking....That was one of the reasons we disliked the Oasis experience,... Almost everything had to be pre booked

They have changed all dinners in Le Grand Bistro to Le Petit Chef at 6 and 8. There will be no Le Grand Bistro dinners, They have called some people to let them know if they have Le Grand Bistro reservations, which you can cancel or switch to Le Petit Chef at the same cost ($25 pp when the actual cost for Le Petit Chef is $55). A good deal, if you are interested in trying it.

If they haven’t called you, you might want to give them a call.

We just received the call today too. Nice if you want to try it for $25. each instead of $55. if you were already booked. They told us the times are 6:30 pm or 8:30 pm. It sounds like they take you in only at those times each night.

We just received the call today too. Nice if you want to try it for $25. each instead of $55. if you were already booked. They told us the times are 6:30 pm or 8:30 pm. It sounds like they take you in only at those times each night.

I'm excited to try it for the reduced price! :D

I'm so mad at myself. I had Le Grand Bistro booked for our December cruise. Got an email to call Celebrity about the reservation. Rather than calling, I just decided to cancel it -- didn't want to fool with the hassle of calling, etc. Then I came here and learned I could have experienced Le Petit Chef at a discounted price. Lesson learned: Always check Cruise Critic first!

I'm so mad at myself. I had Le Grand Bistro booked for our December cruise. Got an email to call Celebrity about the reservation. Rather than calling, I just decided to cancel it -- didn't want to fool with the hassle of calling, etc. Then I came here and learned I could have experienced Le Petit Chef at a discounted price. Lesson learned: Always check Cruise Critic first!

I canceled mine and booked Le Petit Chef myself and when I heard that others got it for $25 pp, I called and they gave me a refund for the difference. It’s worth a shot to call and let them know why you canceled and maybe they would let you rebook LPC at the reduced rate. :D