Post-cruise seasickness?

mnchec

Yep, you have Land-sickness--had it my self--takes a couple of days to wean yourself from the motion of the ocean--try some meglazine--over the counter antivert pills --it will help. I have bouts of vertigo on land--but had NO problems during our cruise--until back at the house we started unloading our car. BAM--felt as drunk as an boiled owl. (my husband's saying). Lasted a few days and vanished. It will pass-promise.

Yep, I have gotten it both times we have cruised. Cute story: our first cruise, we get off at the first port (Skagway, Alaska) and doing some shopping. I suddenly stop and stand very still...I ask my husband if the building is moving?! One of the clerks overheard me, laughed and said, "No. The building isn't moving, but every asks that." After that cruise it took me several days to get my land legs back.

It can be good and bad....you do feel like your drunk (without the hangover!) and, you can still pretend that you are on your cruise. You just look funny walking around with a really wide gait...

You'll be fine.

7/02 NCL Wind - Alaska (honeymoon)

7/03 NCL Star -Hawaii (1st anniversary)

10/04 RCI Legend - Panama Canal (just because it's there)

While I have not gotten it, I have friends that have. You should be okay in a couple of days.

The one thing that DOES icon_eek.gif happen to me after a warm Caribbean vaca, is I get a cold or stomach virus. I don't know if it's the recirculated air on the plane, or what. But it never fails. icon_eek.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

After a recent 13 day cruise my husband wound up in the ER the mornign after we disembarked. He too felt like he was drunk and that everything was spinning. Diagnosis was vertigo and the doctor prescribed Antivert which made him even sicker. By the end of the week he was on steroids and a nasal inhaler and after a few days he was much better. Two days on the ship and then another week off sick. You can bet he had a hard time going back to work. This was our fifth cruise and the first time something like this happened. Here's hoping it never does again. Hope you are better now.

I just got off the ship on Saturday and I'm still rocking. It's driving me crazy. This is the first time it's lasted so long. Usually after a day, I'm ok. I think it's because when we were at dinner, we had a table in the center of the dining room and it felt like we were right on top of the stabilizers, cause we were rocking like crazy every night at dinner. I didn't really feel it anywhere else.

We got off last Friday after 11 days on the summit. Didnt have an ounce of problem on the ship...but have felt it since.Vertigo-tired... hopefully it will go away soon....but was it worth it......OH !!! YAH !!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

but I still wish it would go away

• 4 months later...
Two days after the cruise and now I'm queasy. Is it possible that it takes a few days to get back your land-legs????

Happened to my sister years ago and it has never gone away. But, she still cruises! What a trouper! I dose her up with her anti - vertigo drugs and shes good to go. This is a serious condition though and she has had other serious problems realted to the vertigo like seizures and LOTS of migraines--I am not kidding. All related to the inner ear and brain. :eek:

PS it could be stress realted.

Get thee to a neurologist.

I am hit it with it bad - last cruise it lasted over 3 weeks. Luckily, I do not get seasick. In fact I feel at my best when onboard the ship.

I am such a klutz on land. Hubby claims that my equilibrium is naturally off - when I am on board, it is normal, and then when I get off the ship, I really get ill. I do work on the 30th floor of our building and when I get home I pray for windy weather so the building will sway a little.

This happened to me coming off my first cruise. I blame part of it on the patch I used for seasickness. I got all the side effects listed and the effects lasted a week after our cruise. I even fell down my front porch stairs!:eek: Meclizine is a wonder drug and will help with the side effects. It can make you sleepy so use precaution if you have to drive.

Archived