Doges Secret Itineraries Tour (Venice) you can book now for April through July

Hi, just wanted everyone to know that you can now book the Doges Secret Itineraries for the months of April through July 2006. Effective today, March 1, they accept reservations over the phone for these months. The number to call from the U.S. is 011-39-041-520-9070. There are three English tours available per day. I called this morning (around 7 a.m. EST) and was on hold for about 10 minutes; but I suspect because it was lunchtime on their end. Another cruisecritic poster also did it at a later time and they answered the phone right away. The fee is €16 per person, which you pay when you pick up your tickets. There is no service fee if you call directly. I was able to book our tour in June. They will provide you with a code that you bring to a certain ticket window, and request that you arrive 20 minutes prior to your assigned tour time. They speak excellent English.

Hello

I was wondering if you knew the number if you are calling from Canada?

Do you give them your credit card number to hold the tickets?

Thanks

Heather

It would be the same number from Canada. When we did the tour in 2004 I did not have to leave a credit card number. I paid when I picked up the tickets.

I did not have to give them a credit card number to hold the tickets.

I went on a website that takes online booking for a €3 fee in addition to the €16 tour cost, and entered June 27, 2006 which falls on a Tuesday, and it came back with available tours in English. Hope this helps. Here's the link: http://www.alata.it/eng/musei/musei.asp Maybe you can check online for your particular date, and if available, make the phone call to save the €3 booking fee per person.

Thanks cruisinonceagain for the info. Just booked our tickets for July 28th and waited about 10 minutes on hold, no problems.

jspirit are you on the July 15 Grand Princess? Was wondering if your the one that was on our roll call.

Bye for now.

Heather

We also just got our reservations for June. Just an FYI, there is no reduced price for children if you do not live in Europe. I don't care though. I think the kids will love this tour as will we. Only three more months!

Is this tour that difficult to book? We are going in July and wonder how early we need to book before it is likely "sold out" . Has anyone had any experience with being shut out of getting tickets for this tour?

There are three tours per morning, with about 20 on each tour. When we were there in August, people were at the desk trying to book and it was full all week.

For this reason, please make sure that if you book, you do go as if not you will be spoiling someone elses chances.

I saw a comment on another posting relating to the fact that as you don't have to pay, it doesn't really matter if you don't make it.

Thanks Cruisingonceagain ,

We called this am and got our reservations. I think the reason we all try to get the reservations ASAP as there are limited tours in English per day.

I did read on this board that if you arrive that day and they are sold out, you can wait till the tour begins...and if there are any no shows, they will allow you to join the tour.

Again, thanks for letting us know they were accepting bookings.

I just tried the link above to reserve in July, and every time I put in the date, time...came back with error message saying 'tours only avail 9:55 and 11:35 in summer'. But I WAS selecting 9:55 and tried 11:35, with same error message.

Anyone else try this?

Thank you so much for sharing your information!

I called this morning and got through in about 6 minutes.

The phone number works from Canada.

We are all booked for July!!! No deposit, no credit card, and no service fee. There were 3 time choices, buit we picked the 9:55 so we will have the rest of the day to explore more of Venice.

Thanks to everyone here!

From where the Liberty docks, how much time should we leave for getting to the Palace? We need to be there 20 minutes before, so that means 9:30. Also, how do we get there? Do we just walk, or do we need to take the vaperatto?

Thanks!!!

I've read over the website, but I can't find anywhere that states how long the tour is. Does anyone know? We could easily make the 9:55 am tour, but we'd only have about 4 - 5 hours before we have to be on our cruise ship leaving Venice that evening. And I really want to do this tour if at all possible.

Thanks!

I know the answer! I just asked the same question on the phone today when I made my reservation. It takes one hour and fifteen minutes, plus you have to be there 20 minutes before it starts.

I hope that helps.

The tour is about 1 hour 15 min but then you get to look around the rest of the palace. You only see parts of the palace not generally available to the public. But you can break off that anytime to go back to the ship.

Yes it takes 1 hour 15 min. but you'll want to see the rest of the Palace so you should allow at least 2 hours. I booked Friday a.m. and was given a Reservation Code but as I booked for 10 of us I was told to phone back in a few weeks to pay by credit card. Apparently if there are more than 4 you have to pay up front. Makes sense so you don't take up 10 out of 20 spaces and then no show. I said I'd pay right then but was told no call back??? We have to be on the ship as well that day but it doesn't leave until 6:00p.m. and as long as we're on by say 3:00p.m. we have lots of time.

Som.....

Archived