Anyone stayed on the Lido deck?

starlita222

We were upgraded to the lido 249 category II for June 12 and I'm having second thoughts because I suffer from seasickness and I've learnded that the upper decks you feel the movement more and we're in the front of the ship so I'm wondering how that's going to work for me. I'll be interested to hear the responses to your question.

Funny thing about seasickness, is DH gets it all the time out deep sea fiahing or a sailboat, but we typically stay between deck 7 to deck 10 and he has no problems. And I never have got sea sick on anything, and one cruise we were on deck 2 waiting for tender and I got so nauseated that I had to lie down and drink some sprite. So funny how that works...the upper decks are better for us. I guess it just depends.

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We are on the Lido deck on CP 6/5. I like the idea of being near the pools and the Horizon Court! We've sailed many times on the upper decks both forward and aft and never had problems with sea sickness. Take some Bonine and you'll be fine.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;6;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

on Caribbean Princess June 5, 2004

Larry

We were in L236 on the Golden in February, and loved it. The location is good, it's close to the outdoor decks and casual dining. We felt no motion. icon_cool.gif

I would take an inside on Lido deck before upgrading to an outside on a lower deck.

Happy sailing

Mary Jo

Starlita222-

You can look at a layout of each deck on your ship on a site like travelocity.com or *****.com to become acquainted with what is located on each deck before you sail. That way you'll already have an idea where things are and save yourself a little time once on board.

soccermommie

We stayed on A250 and liked it so much that we booked it for the following year. That was on the Golden and the Grand.This year we just booked the Riviera(top deck) on the Carribean. That will be up front also. No sickness and I get sick easy. Usually you pay more for the upper deck but I had a coupon for 2 upgrades.

Stayed on the Lido Deck last Feb on the Golden. Had previously sailed in a minisuite on Emerald Deck (on the Grand) and far preferred the balcony cabin on Lido. It was so convenient for the pools and the buffet. Never heard any noise from the decks above and never felt any more motion than anywhere else on the ship. The only problem was being able to be seen by the crew on the bridge - but that wasn't too much of a problem!! icon_smile.gif

We just returned from the 30 day cruise on "Star Princess" from Bangkok to Venice. We had cabin L308 on Lido Deck and it worked out Fine!! No noise to speak of, although close to the pool areas. Convenient to Horizon Court for that quick snack or drink. One flight up to the Spa and the work-out machines and Sauna etc - just needed your robe on!! All in all a great cruise .. We would stay on Lido deck anytime. Would go for this itinerary again in a flash! Morzaw in Naples

Nomie,

We are booked on the Riviera Deck on the Carribean Princess too. Will we get any sun on the balcony? It appears that it is well shaded. I imagine it is similar to your Aloha cabins on the Golden and Grand. Thanks.

Lisa

5/1 Carribean Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;5;1;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We were fore on the Lido Deck on the Golden. We were under the lap pool and could hear the motor running during the day. That was the only negative. It was very convenient for the pool area. We loved it.

Archived