Current status of "odor" on Liberty of the Seas

We were on her 3/22 and there was definitely a strong sewage smell. It seemed to be confined to the hall way on deck 13 leading out to the basketball court/rock climbing wall area. It was there every day at all different times.

• 2 years later...

In the week of March 7th, the odor in our room on the 7th deck was to the point that upon arrival into the room I asked that we be moved to some place else. My husband who had just been released from a long term stay in hospital was very uncomfortable about the smell and did not go into the room until after sailing later on that evening at l0 pm. We were told that if we chose not to stay in that room we would have to get off and we had 30 minutes until the gangway closed. We had friends that said that they would give up their room if the smell prevailed. All staff that looked into the problem said that that specific room has that odor every time they get back into Miami and that the smell goes away afterwards. I had several follow up calls made to guest relations and also spoke with the loyalty ambassador on board since our only option was to get off. Nothing was done and later that night the smell finally went away. There are no empty rooms to put you into and we wouldn't have cared even if it had not been a balcony. If this problem is there every ailing then I feel that they have to address it. I don't intend on staying out of my room until the sewer smell goes away.

In the week of March 7th, the odor in our room on the 7th deck was to the point that upon arrival into the room I asked that we be moved to some place else. My husband who had just been released from a long term stay in hospital was very uncomfortable about the smell and did not go into the room until after sailing later on that evening at l0 pm. We were told that if we chose not to stay in that room we would have to get off and we had 30 minutes until the gangway closed. We had friends that said that they would give up their room if the smell prevailed. All staff that looked into the problem said that that specific room has that odor every time they get back into Miami and that the smell goes away afterwards. I had several follow up calls made to guest relations and also spoke with the loyalty ambassador on board since our only option was to get off. Nothing was done and later that night the smell finally went away. There are no empty rooms to put you into and we wouldn't have cared even if it had not been a balcony. If this problem is there every ailing then I feel that they have to address it. I don't intend on staying out of my room until the sewer smell goes away.

Yikes. What was your room number?

Funny, while on St. Marteen, I was recording my video walking around the pool deck when my girlfriend says: "Eeeeewwwww, it smells!"

We were docked in st. marteen, we thought they might have been throwing away some trash, but it definitively smelled like sewage. The smell disappered once we sailed away.

I'll check further but I believe 7392. We were on for three weeks and moved to the aft the second and third week.

7392 is pretty far aft. Was the bad smelling cabin forward/midship/aft?

Several months ago there was a lenghty thread about the sewage odor on the Liberty of the Seas. Many posters said it was quite pervasive and nasty, others said is was limited, others said no smell at all - quite a variance. Anyway, any input from recent Liberty cruisers on this issue?

June 27th sailing deck 10 slight sewage smell but it would go away very quickly

We were on her 3/22 and there was definitely a strong sewage smell. It seemed to be confined to the hall way on deck 13 leading out to the basketball court/rock climbing wall area. It was there every day at all different times.

Yep....we were on in April and that outside area right by where you are talking had that smell every day...that was the only area I noticed any such smell....but it stunk in that area for sure.

Archived