purse

llou85

The safe is adequate, but not large enough to hold your entire purse. Take all of your valuables out of your purse, and put those items in the safe. When you cruise, leave all but one or two credit cards home, bring your passport, your license and your insurance card. You will not need your library card or your department store cards on board! Get rid of everything that isn't essential, and then you'll have no problem "locking-up" your valuables. I also put my jewelry, cell phone and camera in the safe when it is not on my person. :)

I carry a small purse with me (I leave my wallet in the safe) so I can have my comb, lipstick, tissues, etc.....personal care items I don't want to have to keep going to the cabin to use!

The safes are larger than most hotel room safes, but still aren't big enough for things like laptops, large purses, etc... Don't worry--your attendant won't bother anything.

I feel silly walking around the ship with a purse on sea days, so I always bring a small canvas tote. On HAL, they actually gave a tote bag to everyone.

My wallet, credit cards, and passport are locked in the safe because you don't need them on a sea day.

The small canvas tote contains:

(1) a small zippered pouch for lipstick, tissues, sunglasses, and my cruise card

(2) my book - so I can stop anywhere inviting to sit and read for awhile

(3) the daily cruise schedule so I can check out my next activity

(4) pen and paper - so if someone recommends a good book, I can write it down. Also can jot down names so I can remember them later.

(5) a small camera. (Once I was on deck, and a replica of an old-time sailing ship came alongside and I didn't have my camera with me!)

At night, I carry a small purse with some cash for the slots, lipstick, tissues, and cruise card.

This arrangement works for me every time! Hope it helps!

I don't need a purse on the ship. I use my Seapass to charge things and get into the room. I would return to our cabin if I needed anything else.

Normally at home I carry a purse everywhere. I downsize before going on a cruise putting a credit card, Driver's License, insurance id, and some cash in a small wallet. (Should include ship and travel ins. phone number.) I take a small makeup kit (no liquids if flying), and some tissues. I leave the wallet in the safe when we are away. It is best to keep valuables in the safe. Most times your things are safe, but once in awhile there is the rare exception.

Onboard, I use a small canvas tote to carry a book, chapstick, visor, cigs...things like that. My purse with wallet and such is kept zipped in the suitcase under the bed.

If I go ashore, I'll carry it but not around the ship...

Never had anything tampered with in my purse left in the cabin...nor have I ever had anything stolen or come up missing.

I don't worry about it. Passport and extra cash is in the safe....the rest I don't care about anyway.....HA!

We usually take along a tote bag instead of my purse....I always pack the sunscreen, our camera, a small zippered pouch for money and/or credit card, and sunglasses....and thankfully my husband always has great pockets for stuff....

Our passports and jewelery goes into the safe....everything else goes into the suitcases and get locked.....

:D

Do women feel safe to leave their purses in the room or carry them? Is the safe large enough to hold a purse?

The safe is definitely not big enough for a normal sized purse; but there is enough room for the typical jewelry, credit cards, cash, etc.

One way to tell a new cruiser from "seasoned" cruisers...they carry a purse. I usually just stick my lip gloss/lipstick in my pocket along with my cruise card and go. Now, this is just for sea days; otherwise I have gigantor tote that I carry around that holds EVERYTHING...oh, thank God for LL Bean.

I keep my purse in the safe and the safes in our room last year was big enough to put my grandmother's and my purse in it. I carry a waist pack around my waist on the ship. It has enough room for my essentials: digital camera, passport, sign and sail card, cash, capers, a lil makeup and my cell phone.

• 6 months later...

While on the ship,for at sea days, I have a lanyard with a small plastic pouch attached. It holds my cruise card, a few $$$, and the schedule of activities. We got them at a convention one year and I have always just used that. When going ashore, I take a small backpack that hold just the few things we will need. My hubby carries a bigger backpack with the beach towels and camera. I have learned to travel lighter that I used to.

I carry a small purse on the ship--I need my comb, lipstick, tissues, etc.... I leave my wallet in the safe..no need for it on the ship. I do take it with me when going ashore--all my ID, money, etc... is in it!

No lanyard--I mean, you wouldn't walk around a hotel with a lanyard, would you?

I carry a small purse on the ship--I need my comb, lipstick, tissues, etc.... I leave my wallet in the safe..no need for it on the ship. I do take it with me when going ashore--all my ID, money, etc... is in it!

No lanyard--I mean, you wouldn't walk around a hotel with a lanyard, would you?

No I wouldn't, but then I really don't spend a whole lot of time in one place in a hotel. Also, I find it very convenient to have all my "stuff" in one place when I don't have pockets.

I bring a small leather bag with a thin shoulder strap to carry my card, lipstick, kleenex while onboard. I am just used to having a purse. I leave my wallet and passport in the safe with all of my jewelry. For going onshore I have a larger fabric bag that I use as both a purse and tote with my wallet and my camera. Being fabric it's lightweight so I can also put small souvenirs in it without making it too heavy.

Archived