Can you bring Soda onboard?

mom2NnB

We leave in 4 days and I was planning on bringing bottled water and SF soda on board. Someone on my Roll Call called RC and was told you can not bring water on board. Is this a new policy, or were they just told this to limit people who do it?

It will be checked in a wheeled suitcase and there will not be any alcohol in the bag.

The CSRs tell people that every once in a while and it's not true (proving what most of us on these boards know - that the CSRs are unreliable at best). You are allowed to bring reasonable amounts of non-alcoholic beverages like bottled water and soda. Now, if you were hauling enough onboard to sell to your fellow passengers that would be another story, but small amounts for the members of your own party are perfectly fine.

I was on the Voyager at the end of January, and we had a carry-on sized luggage filled with 24 bottles of water, 6 Cokes, 6 Root Beer, and 6 Sunkist. The luggage weighed around 40lbs!

In addition, we had a bottle of Moscato wine in my carry-on.

No questions were asked.

As an aside, we only drank half of what we brought and donated the rest to our cabin attendant. We will probably bring less next time.

-jeff

Hello,

We usually bring a small amount of soda on board to start our cruise. At our various port of calls, we generally restock if needed. It's never been a problem to bring back either cans or bottles of soda. It goes through the scanner without any problems. For the most part we drink the free iced tea or something similiar.

Enjoy your cruise.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

Archived