Voyager of the seas ? beds?

Kakk

Has RCCL changed their beds in the cabins since '03?

Looking at VOS Galveston. We were on the Explorer in 2003 and the beds were nothing more than a cot with thin mattress.

PLEEZE tell me VOS has comfy, CCL type beds?

All of RCI's ships have "updated" bedding...pillowtop mattresses and new duvets....you should be quite comfortable! I used to call the old bedding, "dog beds", since there was always a "hole" in the middle.....looked like what my dog would sleep in!

Not anymore!

• 6 years later...
All of RCI's ships have "updated" bedding...pillowtop mattresses and new duvets....you should be quite comfortable! I used to call the old bedding, "dog beds", since there was always a "hole" in the middle.....looked like what my dog would sleep in!

Not anymore!

I'm sad to say that since 2009 RCL have gone backwards in this area.

I have just returned from 14 days on Voyager of the Seas touring New Zealand and found the beds anything but comfortable. The mattress was hard, even with the addition of two duvets on top of the mattress. So hard that sleeping was uncomfortable. To add to that, the pillows supplied (four of) ranged from rock-solid to thin and unsupportive. After only a few minutes you felt like you were resting your head on rubble.:mad::mad:

This view was also supported by other passengers that we mixed with in the dining room.

Accommodation:

Deck 7, balcony cabin.

I never had trouble sleeping on the old beds but the NEW bedding makes me want to stay in bed.....It's really hard to crawl out at 6 am to hit the gym!:eek: I will say the new duvet is heavy...I perfer a light blanket so I'll either take my own or deal with it! :D

You don't have to take your own blanket or "deal with it". Just ask your stewed to change out the heavy duvet for a regular blanket. I have done this several times with no problem. :)