Pan American Pier-San Juan

LollyMoz

Re: CB sailing from Pan Am Pier on 11/1/09. Does anyone have any tips, pointers, inside information about embarkation from Pan Am pier? Specifically, boarding opens at 2:00 p.m. How early should we get there? Does it make sense to get there after 3, as Princess suggests, or before 2? What would you have liked to have known before your cruise regarding embarkation from Pan Am? (Someone wrote something on a previous thread about different lines for baggage check in, etc.)

We have arrived at the Pan Am pier around 1130 or so turned over our bags to the porters and went inside the terminal and were processed and onboard by noon.

If you are in the market for great priced booze have an empty carry on bag so you can place your purchases from the in terminal liquor store.

The first time we boarded, emptied a bag and retured to the store to make our purchases. You cannot carry purchases onboard in the store bags.

Mike:)

We sailed on the CB from the Pan Am Pier in May 2009. We arrived around 11:00-11:30, gave our bags to the porters, and waited for a short time in a line outside the terminal. Then they let us in and we sat in rows of chairs and they called us up by row to check in. I believe we were onboard by noon.

We sailed on the CB from the Pan Am Pier in May 2009. We arrived around 11:00-11:30' date=' gave our bags to the porters, and waited for a short time in a line outside the terminal. Then they let us in and we sat in rows of chairs and they called us up by row to check in. I believe we were onboard by noon.[/quote']

Cruisin'Beagles - love your name by the way! :) Thanks for the tips - when you say you got on board by noon - did your cruise documents tell you that boarding started at noon or at 2? Just wondering if they say 2, do they mean 2, or noon, or what? I'm so excited, I'm ready to head down there NOW and wait!!! :D

Your cruise documents will tell you that boarding is at 2:00, but go around 11:00 or 11:30. It was exactly as Cruisin'Beagles said. We waited in line for a short while where we met all of our CC group because we were already wearing Mardi Gras beads. Then they took us inside and seated us in rows. They release one row at a time to check in. Then take your ship card into the liquor store to get what you need. We just bought water, but a lot of people were stocking up and loading up their carry on bags. Have a great cruise and take the time to enjoy San Juan.

Re: CB sailing from Pan Am Pier on 11/1/09. Does anyone have any tips, pointers, inside information about embarkation from Pan Am pier? Specifically, boarding opens at 2:00 p.m. How early should we get there? Does it make sense to get there after 3, as Princess suggests, or before 2? What would you have liked to have known before your cruise regarding embarkation from Pan Am? (Someone wrote something on a previous thread about different lines for baggage check in, etc.)

We have sailed from the Pan Am pier quite a few times. Although the cruising documents may say 2:00 PM, we usually arrive at the pier between 10:00 & 10:30. They will allow you to board as soon as the previous passengers have cleared customs and/or immigration. We are usually having lunch in the buffet around Noon.

I only remember 1 line for checking baggage with the porters. There is, however a seperate check in line for those who are cruising in suites or who are Elite Captain's Club members. ;)

The entire process is very easy and painless.

The earlier you get on, the earlier you can get settled, get your specialty restaurant reservations and start your vacations. I personally wouldn't wait till 3pm.

If your all settled in, you could of course leave the ship and spent some time in San Juan. You don't have to be back on board till 9

Wow - see, this is the wonderful info that we all get as CC community members. Thank you to all - trust me, I will get there EARLY (like I said before, I'm ready to go now!!!) and get my Chef's Table and Crown Grill/Sabatini's reservations all set. You guys rock and I truly thank you! Happy cruising!:D

Archived