What exactly does 'GUARANTEE' cabin mean?

orianagal

Dear Cruising Friends

I am awaiting a cabin allocation for my next cruise.

they have given me a guarantee stateroom and no stateroom number as yet.

I imagine by the time I print my documents there will be a number on it?

or maybe not?

What does this all mean? (for HAL)

Perhaps they will give me the number at check in?

I asked the cruise company and they havent replied.

Thanks for any infos

Happy cruising :)

Guarantee means that you will not hear until very close to the cruise what your cabin will be. At a miniumum you are guaranteed to be at least at the category of cabin that you are paying for but there is a chance that you wil be upgraded to a better category but still pay as if it was a cabin within the category that you booked. So, upside is that you might get a complimentary upgrade. Downside, is that you mind end up in a cabin in a location that you do not prefer.

Keith

When you buy a guarantee, it means that you will be assigned a cabin in that category or higher, depending on HAL's availability and/or whim. Some report several category upgrades, but that is not always the case.

Cabin assignments could be made anywhere from maybe 10 days out to when you arrive at the pier. So, there may or may not yet be an assignment when you print your docs.

We always book a specific cabin, as upgrades sometimes can be in the eyes of the beholder. Sometimes there may be cabins in those higher categories with features not to our liking, so we like to pick our own space.

Guarantee means that you will not hear until very close to the cruise what your cabin will be. At a miniumum you are guaranteed to be at least at the category of cabin that you are paying for but there is a chance that you wil be upgraded to a better category but still pay as if it was a cabin within the category that you booked. So, upside is that you might get a complimentary upgrade. Downside, is that you mind end up in a cabin in a location that you do not prefer.

Keith

thanks Keith1010 hopefully a better cabin fingers crossed !:p

When you buy a guarantee, it means that you will be assigned a cabin in that category or higher, depending on HAL's availability and/or whim. Some report several category upgrades, but that is not always the case.

Cabin assignments could be made anywhere from maybe 10 days out to when you arrive at the pier. So, there may or may not yet be an assignment when you print your docs.

We always book a specific cabin, as upgrades sometimes can be in the eyes of the beholder. Sometimes there are categories higher than what we select, and there may also be cabins in those higher categories with features not to our liking.

cheers Camp637 !! appreciate your reply:)

HAL

Since you have booked a guaranteed cabin -- you may get that guarantee cabin

OR

You may get an upgrade!!

BUT -- with HAL you may get it free or you may get a call from your TA asking if you want to pay so many $$$ to upgarde to another category.

If you don't get a call -- just keep checking the HAL site.

Use your comfirmation number to check into HAL on either the immigration form or the Book Shore Excursion section -- when a cabin number is assigned to yoy -- it will show in one of these 2 places.

BUT

There have been people who have not been assigned cabins until as late as the day they arrive at the pier.

Good Luck on getting an upgrade.

orianagal, you are very welcome and good luck to you. I hope you get a nice upgrade.

Keith

thanks kindly Keith1010

I wonder if being a repeat cruiser helps with an upgrade?

on my last HALS they gave me some very nice ones though that was quite some years ago:)

HAL

Since you have booked a guaranteed cabin -- you may get that guarantee cabin

OR

You may get an upgrade!!

BUT -- with HAL you may get it free or you may get a call from your TA asking if you want to pay so many $$$ to upgarde to another category.

If you don't get a call -- just keep checking the HAL site.

Use your comfirmation number to check into HAL on either the immigration form or the Book Shore Excursion section -- when a cabin number is assigned to yoy -- it will show in one of these 2 places.

BUT

There have been people who have not been assigned cabins until as late as the day they arrive at the pier.

Good Luck on getting an upgrade.

thankyou my friends !!! Look forward to a surprise at check in ha ha (or not )

Being Mariner does not help. I have had clients with many sailings 10+ that book guarantees, and then are upset because they are actually assigned in the category they paid for. When a room is booked on a guarantee, the computer automatically pulls a room form inventory, however until they update the documents, you will not know what room number that is.

• 11 months later...

Hi Guys, I am going on the IOTS's on 19th October 2010 with my husband and just thought I would let you know - we had a guaranteed inside stateroom.. and wondered where we would end up. TODAY i received a call from our Travel Agent who has advised us of our stateroom number and that it is a Promenade Stateroom, so we now how nice big windows overlooking the Promenade, we are on deck 7 midship.... I believe that this is a good place to be.. can anyone confirm this for me? Sue :)

Hi Guys, I am going on the IOTS's on 19th October 2010 with my husband and just thought I would let you know - we had a guaranteed inside stateroom.. and wondered where we would end up. TODAY i received a call from our Travel Agent who has advised us of our stateroom number and that it is a Promenade Stateroom, so we now how nice big windows overlooking the Promenade, we are on deck 7 midship.... I believe that this is a good place to be.. can anyone confirm this for me? Sue :)

We were upgraded to a promenade midship room in the spring and it was very nice. Doors are close to go outdoors. Just be sure to shut your drapes if you want privacy.

Archived