Coffee....

QTBabyNurse

A good cafe for coffee is more important to me than a bar. I am booked on th Sapphire Princess and now I am disappointed to learn that it does not have a coffee cafe such as the International Cafe. How could this be? Almost every cruise I have taken this century has had excellent coffee cafes and they are popular all day long. In the evenings, they keep them busy with wine offerings. How can a ship the size of the Sapphire not have a decent coffee cafe or am I missing something. Is there a decent spot on the Sapphire where one can go for a specialty coffee, read a paper or check their email via Wi-fi?

On the Sapphire there are tables and chairs to sit at. Some of them are by the windows and have beautiful views. You can read or do whatever you like. You can either go up to the coffee bar area yourself and order or have a seat and a waiter will come and take your order. I think you will find this agreeable. It is a very popular spot.

The person who asked this question does not want specialties and you cannot get fresh brewed in the diningroom

Our wonderful waiter Fabiola would bring us brewed from the International Cafe. Perhaps because we had others getting specialty ones but if you show the card you may be lucky and have a wonderful waiter as well.

On the Sapphire there are tables and chairs to sit at. Some of them are by the windows and have beautiful views. You can read or do whatever you like. You can either go up to the coffee bar area yourself and order or have a seat and a waiter will come and take your order. I think you will find this agreeable. It is a very popular spot.

You are right, I will find that agreeable. THANKS for your post. Is that area the lobby bar referred to earlier in this thread?

I didn't realize it was unlimited. My sister gets one and she always has it punched; when all the boxes are punched, she has to buy a new one. Is the unlimited something new?

The specialty coffees have the punches. You can get plain brewed coffee for free (included with the card price) if you have at least 1 punch left on the card. From what I've read here, you can keep a card that isn't fully used (15 punches) and use it on a future cruise.

The coffee card doesn't have the tip included from what I recall. How much is the norm for tipping?

It DOES have the tips for the specialty coffees (15% is added to the price). For the unlimited brewed, we generally have just one or two people that get it for us on each cruise (at the International Cafe, for example) and we'll tip $20 total ($10 each if there are two that take turns getting it for us) at the end of the cruise (and we usually cruise for more than 2 weeks). So about $1 a day, but we don't tip each day. And only if the service is friendly. Frankly, they've always gotten to know us and have it ready when they see us coming. That's worth something.

Thanx for all the great info. I didn't realize the cards are transferrable from ship to ship. I don't drink coffee, but my sis does. I'm sure she'll LOVE this card. I have a question. What's included as "specialty" coffee? Do the blended beverages count? or is it just cappacinos (sp?) and mochas? On a past cruise on the Emerald, I bought a blended mango drink at the international cafe and LOVED it. Are there cards I can get for blended fruit drinks?

Thanx for your help!

Gerbz ^__^

Archived